“Continues to offer outstanding Lebanese cuisine!”
Review of Island Secret - CLOSED

Island Secret
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mexican, Thai
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stopped in Island Secret again after being away from Ambergris Caye for two years. Mohammed (he also goes by William) continues to demonstrate his mastery of Lebanese food. At his suggestion, I ordered the Lamb Kebab which came with salad, hummus, and tortillas. The food was outstanding. Mohammed has a fascinating life and I encourage you to get to know him as well. The whole meal including beverage and tip came to US$15. This is also on my "must visit" list each time I come to San Pedro.

1  Thank ElGringoViajero

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I, too, enjoyed Island Secret! I had the chicken kebab (with salad, hummus, bread) for US $9.50 . Delicious! I enjoyed it so much I went back the next night.

Reviewed 18 November 2009

This is just North of Elvi's Restaurant (which was where we were going but it was closed), directly across from The Greenhouse. We decided to jump in there cause we were really hungry and on a little bit of schedule that day. What a pleasant surprise! It is owned by a young man of Lebanese descent. He greets you, takes your order, and then prepares the food. We ordered the chicken fajitas and Lamb sandwich. The food was outstanding, the lamb was ground and cooked perfectly and the chicken was lebanese style and tasted great! The real secret here is his amazing garlic sauce that the meals are served with. It adds so much to each bite of food that we made a point to come back more than once and even paid extra to miss a free boat ride to our place so we could eat the same meal again. He also roasts the best whole chickens on the island, PERIOD. While eating there, people come in buying them consistently. We tried that as well. He is a trained chef, worked in New York, but loved the island. Please support this little Island secret and visit just once. You will love it.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

I found Island Secret on my first trip to Ambergris Caye in September, 2009. It had only been opened for one month. It is located across the street from The Greenhouse on Pescador Drive.

I decided to give it a try after I saw the owner (William) on the street. He made me a great offer I could not refuse.

I ordered the chicken fajitas. The food came out within a reasonable time. and included a generous helping of chicken and vegetables, tortillas, and a side order of seasoned rice. This was one of the best meals I had on Ambergris Caye.

William, the owner, is from Lebanon. In addition to Mexican dishes, he also serves Lebanese food.

I really suggest you try this restaurant. The food and service were excellent. The only reason I did not rate the atmosphere as excellent was that the restaurant is not air conditioned, which is quite common in Ambergris Caye., I hope it will not be a secret for much longer1