“Unexpected food choices”
Review of Island Secret - CLOSED

Island Secret
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mexican, Thai
Reviewed 29 August 2013

If you enjoy Mediterranean this place is for you! A little hidden gem located on middle street in town (look for the rotisserie outside the front). It smells so good as the chicken cooks!
Great hummus and delicious garlic sauce

There are newer reviews for Island Secret

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I had the chance to make a last minute trip to San Pedro and stopped in to see Mohammed (he also goes by William). Since I had eaten other things from his menu in the past (see my other reviews of this restaurant), he asked me if he could make me something not on the menu. He asked me if I would eat Spaghetti Bolognese. I told him, "Sure."

One has to remember that Mohammed is a professional chef. From time to time, he cooks different meals for his friends and family. Yes, spaghetti is not Lebanese but I thought, "Why not?" Fifteen minutes later, he brought out the spaghetti and a salad. Wow! It was incredible.

This guy can cook anything! So, if you go into his restaurant and ask expect Middle Eastern food, it will be fantastic. But, you might want to ask him if he's offering anything not on the menu. You might be in for a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I agree with ElGringoViajero; this place is a treasure for tourists and locals alike. As a matter of fact, i see more locals getting take out, which is a great sign of a popular restaurant. This trip we got the fresh salad and a roast chicken... which we ate and nibbled on for several days. We also got the chicken livers as we do every trip. They are tender, spicy, and perfectly paired with tortilla and salad.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was in San Pedro for a week of diving and stopped by Island Secret. I've been there during each of my trips. I continue to be pleased by the quality of both the food and the hospitality. I ordered fajitas and they came with a side salad, some tortillas and hummus. Fantastic! Mohammed (he also goes by William) is a great chef.

You'll find this place located on the other side of the street and down a bit from the Greenhouse Market. It's a great place!

2  Thank ElGringoViajero
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Unfortunately, we had some of the most unusual - in a not-good way - hummus and baba ganouj in recent memory. We ordered a variety of vegetarian and meat dishes. The meat dishes and the tabouleh were OK. But the hummus and baba were, quite simply, horrid. Ali Baba is another Middle Eastern restaurant in San Pedro, with better chicken, hummus and baba, but the tabouleh at Island Secret is far superior. Really only worth it if you simply must eat Middle Eastern fare.