Review of Suya Tours

Suya Tours
Ranked #28 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Carlos and his crew gave our group of 10 three different excursions while in San Pedro and each and every one of them was incredible. The spear fishing/snorkeling/diving with picnic was unbelievable and very private. The information the guides gave was welcomed and friendly. They helped one of our travelers who was very nervous about snorkeling and gave her on of the best experiences in her life. She will snorkel again! They were helpful and honest and gave us our money's worth. Carlos even spent some extra time at our villa to talk to us about the island and it's history as well as the way of life on the island. I can't recommend them enough!

1  Thank Kris B
in 3 reviews
"snorkel stops"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We did two snorkeling trips in San Pedro. Unfortunately, we only hired Carlos' team for one of them.

These guys were great! We had 6 people, two of whom were diving, and the rest of us snorkeling. They arranged to pick us up early right from the dock at the house we rented, so we got to the reef about an hour before anyone else showed up. Our guides knew exactly where to go to see the rarer sealife, and did a great job of pointing out little ones hiding under the rocks and coral. They'd also bring rays and nurse sharks closer for us to touch (if you wanted). Besides a plethora of tropical fish, nurse sharks, and rays, we also saw lion fish, live conch crawling across the sea floor, and several sea turtles. The two divers even got to see a pair of manatees playing!

If we go back, we'd skip the other shops and go straight to Suya again!

2  Thank ewoodh2o
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We used Suya for two different tours while we were in San Pedro. The first one was for a half day of fishing. We had a great time fishing and caught about 30 snappers. There were 5 of us. My husband, myself, and our 3 teenagers. The only problem with the fishing trip was that we paid for 5 people to fish for half a day, but our captain said only 3 people could fish at a time. So that was pretty upsetting. My husband and I felt like we were cheated out of money. The next day we used Suya for their Snorkeling/Beach BBQ combo. Again we had a great time, and the Carlos and Daniel were both awesome. However when they showed up to pick us up, they asked if we had snorkeling equipment. We told them that we didn’t. We hadn’t been told to bring any. Now we’ve snorkeled all over the Caribbean, and we’ve never had to provide our own equipment. So Carlos had to take us by Suya to get equipment, and we felt bad because there were other customers on the boat who had to go back and wait on the equipment. The bad thing is that we live in Florida and snorkel all the time so we own our own equipment. We just didn’t want to lug it to Belize for a day, but if we had of known we needed it, then we would have brought our own. Also, when we looked at our AMEX statement we saw the amount charged was a little higher than what our original “balance owed” was supposed to be. So I assume this was for the snorkel rental. Anyway, that definitely wasn’t as big a deal as paying for 5 people to fish and only 3 of us getting to do it at a time. Both tours were fun, and I would definitely recommend fishing and snorkeling in Belize. I would just make sure if you use Suya that you understand exactly what you’re paying for.

1  Thank ksoldati
Yolanda R, Manager at Suya Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thanks for your feedback, I hope you enjoyed San Pedro,town on your Vacation. I am very sorry that you believe you were overcharge. Your group had 5 persons and you were charge $250.00 Us plus 12.5% tax, which comes out to $281.00 US. You were not charge for the fifth person. Again I apologize about your guide and I will not be referring and body his way. We hire him that morning for your fishing tour,our guide was busy. Your extra charge on your credit card you said you have, you need to check with your bank on it. We did not charge extra for snorkel gear, we left a message at your hotel,concerning gear. I once again apologize that you did not enjoyed your tours with Suya Tours. We at Suya tours try our best to make all our guests happy .

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went out with Daniel and Carlos on the day snorkel to Mexico Rocks. Three snorkel stops which included them catching fish, lobster and conch. They prepared and cooked us lunch which was outstanding. Mexico Rocks is one of my wife's favorite places to go. These guys did an outstanding job.

1  Thank Neil F