“Great place to fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of GoFish Belize

GoFish Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in flats fishing and reef fishing charters with the option to add snorkeling and beach BBQ. For flats fishing pole along the shallow, calm waters experiencing the ultimate in sport fishing. Explore the endless turtle flats, searching for the mighty Tarpon, invisible Bone fish, and the ever-elusive Permit. Reef Fishing is fun for the entire family. Anchor next to the beautiful barrier reef and enjoy catching Snappers, Jacks, Grouper, and Barracuda. Add a beach BBQ lunch and snorkeling to get the best of the Caribbean.
Breezy Point, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to fish”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great time fishing with Abbie. He knows and loves the area. He is a great angler and will find the fish
I was put off by his constant political rants and he seemed to shut down for he day when we stated that we had differing opinions.
We fished with Darrel and had an amazing trip the second day! Darrel provided us with more than enough live bait and had us in a huge school of permit for hours. We landed 8 and should have had twice that many. It is obvious Darrel wants you to catch fish and have fun. We had a communication issue and missed out on our third day of bottom fishing.
Overall they do a good job,
Ask for Darrel if you can get him he is one of the best guides I have ever fished with
One noted to have your guides explain how to cast, when to set hook etc... They have a knack for seeing the fish and get frustrated when clients do not
Keep in mind that your guides do thighs is every day and many of your anglers have never done this before.

Visited March 2014

Springfield IL
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Not the best experience for our first try at Deep Sea Fishing”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was very disappointed with this fishing group. They were more reasonable and the only tour group open, as we waited too long to book a deep sea fishing excursion (you almost need to do it before you get to the island).

To start off, our guides went to the wrong resort and were about 10 minutes late. I looked past that, as it's an honest mistake, but...

When they picked us up, there was no introduction (no, "hi, my name is... how are you?), no explanation of the equipment, no explanation of the boat (where bathroom was) (where cooler was for a drink). The initial guide seemed to be hung over or something. He just seemed tired (he actually went inside to sleep for a while, while leaving us on the back of the boat).

I hate to give anyone a bad review, but for the money you pay, and considering it was our first trip out deep sea fishing, I was just hoping on a better experience. We are soo used to all of our tour guides in Belize being happy, being good characters, explaining things etc.

Unfortunately, maybe it was just an off day for them. We did catch one big fish. A barracuda. It was fun to real something in like that.

Anyway, I think next time, we'll book early and try another company out.

My recommendation for this company: Train your tour operators to introduce themselves, explain equipment, how to reel in a fish, where things are on the boat etc.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank beachfun4us07
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best Fishing Trip I've Taken-Learned So Much!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After I went fishing with Abbie from Gofish Belize I realized that I have never before been fishing with someone who really knows how to fish. Abbie knows fishing like he knows how to breathe. It was fascinating to watch him spy the fish hundreds of feet away and then turn the engine off and sneak up on them. Abbie will help you more if you need it, or if you want he'll find the fish and you catch them. We caught a HUGE Tarpon fish-it took 30 minutes and it was the funnest experience I have ever had catching a fish! Abbie did most of the work with the big fish because we needed the help, but we caught plenty of smaller fish on our own. One of the highlights of this trip for me was Abbie sharing his philosophy, about the environment around us and various stories about his life. He is a very interesting person. He also took us snorkeling for a little bit and the water was unbelievably clear. Just being on the boat in the sunshine around the beautiful islands is a treat by itself. Gofish Belize were on time, professional and very good at what they do. I highly recommend them!

Visited February 2014
GoFishBelize, Manager at GoFish Belize, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thanks for the great review, it was a pleasure for Abbie to take you out fishing. Love the pictures you took.
“A great day on the water”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had a half day to fish with Abbie, who is a unique man. he loves his family, his god, his profession and his country. I am an average fly fisherman at best, but Abbie put me on the fish. I caught several smaller bonefish and lost some larger, tailing fish. If you want to do all the talking, Abbie is probably not the guide for you. But if you want to learn about this amazing place and one man's vision for it, you will have a day you will never forget. I will be back and recommend this highly.

Visited February 2014
GoFishBelize, Manager at GoFish Belize, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Abbie was very happy to take you out on the waters. He would love to take you out again. Just keep practicing and you will get those big bones next time.
New Hartford, NY
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Go FIsh Belize excellent choice!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had a great fishing experience with Go Fish Belize in January, 2014. Setting it up was easy with Marisela's help on line. Abbie took me fishing on a lousy day to fish...full moon, cold, and bad wind in the wrong direction...yet I still caught some bonefish, my purpose! He tolerated my spincasting with no complaint, though he is a supreme fly fishing man. The next day I did a half day reef fishing with Bobby Holiday and had plenty of action. Also enjoyed obtaining sardines for bait via a net.
These guys are professionals. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank NYBob6
GoFishBelize, Manager at GoFish Belize, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We are glad to hear that you had a great time fishing although the weather wasn't that great. I'll be happy to setup your next fishing adventure when you return to our beautiful country.