“concerned about the revenue”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of GoFish Belize

GoFish Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in flats fishing and reef fishing charters with the option to add snorkeling and beach BBQ. For flats fishing pole along the shallow, calm waters experiencing the ultimate in sport fishing. Explore the endless turtle flats, searching for the mighty Tarpon, invisible Bone fish, and the ever-elusive Permit. Reef Fishing is fun for the entire family. Anchor next to the beautiful barrier reef and enjoy catching Snappers, Jacks, Grouper, and Barracuda. Add a beach BBQ lunch and snorkeling to get the best of the Caribbean.
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“concerned about the revenue”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We set up fishing with Marisela with her knowing that we were in Belize for 9 days. We asked what would be the best days to fish based on the moon and she set us up for the 750$ deep sea fishing on the second day of our trip on a full moon. Our captain questioned that decision as well as Marisela's husband. She was more interested in getting the trip booked. Lesson learned. Needless to say the fishing was terrible on the full moon. Abby was our guide for fly fishing and was very knowledgable and talented but not patient and seemed more interested in scouting for his upcoming tournament rather than focusing on the fishing at hand. Overall it was a disapointing experience compared to other fishing outings.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank SJW868

Grand Junction, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“not worth the money”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Guide (Darrel) was rude. He was not prepared. The lines were not rigged and he had no bait. He spent over 25 minutes (my fishing time) trying to catch crabs for bait. Reel used was not operable. Had to flip the bail by hand each time I casted. Fish took what little line guide had and broke the end knot. No permit caught. Had to stand on the bow deck of the boat in choppy water with no rail to hold onto. This was very difficult and caused me to injure my knee. Very poor boat set up. When I did have a permit on the guide failed to get the boat turned around to go with the fish and we lost it. He kept telling me not to tighten the drag and the fish took all the line. Guide called me "buddy" many, many times and I told him my name and preferred to be called by my name. Same goes for my wife, he called her mom, not her name and told me how good he was at guiding and yet no fish. Guide had his 23 year old brother with him. They both talked in same language other than English, as if we were not present. This was very rude as they did speak good English. I would not go again with Darrel and would only use an outfitter with a rail on their fore deck. You will get worm out very quickly otherwise. Take your own reel and rod if possible or get them to show you what they will be using before you commit.

Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

5 Thank roy o
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Outfit”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I fished with Abbie this past week. It was my first time fly fishing, but I was able to catch plenty of bones on a fly. Abbie is very passionate about fishing and teaching people how to cast a fly rod, how to strip the line back in, and proper technique on the hook set. He will get frustrated if you don't follow instructions well, but he will also let you know when you are doing things correctly. Besides my poor performance casting, there was not a single negative on this day of fishing.
He knows the flats very well. We caught fish at every spot we went to. I will definitely be back to fish with Abbie. I would recommend this trip for the first time fly fisherman because of Abbie's ability to teach you proper technique. I would recommend this trip for the experienced fly fisherman because of Abbie's knowledge of the flats and he definitely knows where the fish are.

The booking process is easily done through their website. Marisela responded very quickly to each email I sent requesting more info on the trip.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank KK-AB-BB
Naples, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A beautiful learning experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was blessed with the opportunity to go on the GoFish Belize adventure with my friend Anna in February. I don’t know a lot about fishing, well lets just say, I don’t fish at all, but this experience took out the fishing girl in me. I was part of such an educational and fun experience.
We got picked up on a small boat by Abi, the belizean fishing man, who took us out to the Holchan reserve to fish. Needless to say the water was absolutely breathtaking and going out with Abi, who has been fishing all his life and truly does it with a passion, was really cool. He told us so much about the history of Belize and some really cool personal experiences out in the water.
We were out for a few hours, and we caught a tarpon. Abi's eye to locate fish in the water is amazing and he knows so much about the area, the fish and a lot of various fascinating subjects.
Abi went out of his way and took us to a cute and popular little bar on the split in Caye Caulker and we were able to get in the water. There is no better way to dive into the culture, view the surroundings and
take in what is Belize, than with this experience. Belize is absolutely beautiful, a must see country! I posted some pictures on instagram @ gladysxtina

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gladys C
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Darrel and his first mate/brother David gave me the best fishing experience I have had in quite some time. They picked me up at Coco Beach Resort exactly on time and took me directly to where the Bone Fish were. I had broken the tippet on my fly fishing rig the day before without a decent spare so they stopped at their shop and picked up a fly rod on the way to the flats. Five minutes latter I caught my first Bone Fish. It was a marginal day with high wind and cloudy sky but they worked hard and we caught fish all day long. My previous Fly Fishing experience was all fresh water but Darrel drilled me into line for this specialized technique quickly and with expert instruction. At times Darrel talked to me like I was his 12 year old son, He was not too tolerant of sloppy technique but that is what I needed, it worked and I appreciated it. I let him know I would be willing to get out of the boat and wade the shallows. After catching a coupe of smaller schooling fish in deeper water he took me on foot into the mangrove flats where we saw the big ones. I really got scolded when I missed several exceptional fish he put me onto. Darrel and his brother worked hard all day long and gave me a full day of excellent action. I will definitely go back to GoFish Belize the next time in at Ambergris Caye. If you have never caught Bone Fish a day on the water with Darrel and David will make you a pro if your ego can stand the instruction. They will work hard to find you some fish in any case. Thanks Darrel and David.

Visited May 2014