“Great location!”
Review of Paradise Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Pedro
Paradise Villas
Ranked #3 of 20 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were super happy with our condo at Paradise Villas. The location is perfect! It's quiet but everything is right there. Just a short walk down the beach gets you to all the restaurants. We snorkeled right off the pier and saw so much, including a bunch of stingrays and cuttlefish. Way better than I was expecting! And we used Reef Adventures right next door for fishing and snorkeling. Like I said, great location. The place was super clean, comfortable bed, great shower, incredible view. Everything you need for an awesome stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2b and had an amazing view of the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackiep1102

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at paradise villas and truly enjoyed my stay upon reaching the airport the friendly taxi man Lelo was funny and took us to the villas it was a Caribbean paradise! The room was very antique and had some dirt by the bed but that wasn't a big deal. The rooms made us feel at home and the pool is open 24/7, very refreshing and rejuvenating! Travis the security is a great guy and kept us safe all the time! Our family enjoyed having him in our memories! He's exceptional! The groundskeepers got us coconuts and overall I can say we enjoyed our stay! We will be back! Thanks to Nellies wonderful staff for making our vacation stay a second home. We will return!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sunriseeeee1
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Booked our oceanfront condo at Paradise Villas through the owner on Flip Key. We arrived on an earlier flight from BElize and the property manager had arranged for our pick up at the airport. When we arrived, someone there called our drive for us and we didn't wait 5 minutes before h arrived which was awesome. Our condo was ready, the luggage was brought to the condo for us, the security guard introduced himself to us. The condo is as advertised and we were fully satisfied. The grounds are well kept, the area gated, only guests allowed, safe, close to the dive centres we wanted o use, good restaurants on the beach and in town, two grocery stores right out the street gate. One thing we commented on is that the people are all so friendly and not pushy. It is very safe and peaceful. By peaceful I mean no crowds, no loud music, you set the pace eat out or in whatever your preference. Our condo has everything we require and met all of our expectations. I would come back and recommend to others!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1a ground floor ocean front. B rooms are on the second floor. Very quiet here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ACAustin
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great place to stay! Me and my family enjoyed our stay there, the receptionist very professional in picking us up from the airport and to our condo. The condo was in need of repairs, serious modernized setting needs to be implemented. We enjoyed the views from the beach, the wonderful marine life under the dock, the close proximity of restaurants and golf cart rental.The Wifi was okay, sometimes it went off, the appliances throughout the condo were okay and the pool is refreshing. The staff was great, Mr Glinn was very great in explaining our condo and booking us in and out.The security was superb. I always felt safe during my stay and can say that Mr Travis was very professional and courteous towards me and my family, of all my visits to other resorts he was a very unique security guard, A lot of potential in him. I also appreciated the gardener, (I don't remember his name) for providing us with coconuts. Miss Gomez, you have a wonderful staff. Me and my family will surely return in the near future. Thank you for your service in satisfying and surpassing our expectations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carlosg970
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I don't know what was up with these bad reviews, but my daughter and I (two women travelling) stayed at Paradise Villas last week. The entire Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker experience was astounding. We never felt anything was unsafe, the accommodations at Paradise Villas were perfect, and Nellie Gomes property management firm took complete care of us from transportation to and from the airport, maid service, renting golf carts, etc. I can't say enough about how wonderful our vacation was. The villas are conveniently located, lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, plenty of activities (snorkeling, kayaking, biking). I think you have to be a bit worldly (not provincial) about Belize and San Pedro. Yes, there are poor areas of town, but you will find that in major cities and resort areas as well. I live in the DC metro area and there are murders all the time as well as robberies, muggings, etc. You can find a bad element anywhere, but thepeople of San Pedro are so friendly and helpful, and really want you to have a great time there. Just use your head. I loved it and intend to go back next year for a longer vacation. I highly recommend it and Paradise Villas.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank klinkj
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week. Let me start off by saying that I don't recommend Belize as a tourist destination unless you are really into diving. After a few days here, we found out there was a murder down the street the week before and that the police are pretty corrupt. We were constantly hassled by drug dealers (who seemed really friendly with the cops), and didn't feel safe after dark. Check out the San Pedro Sun online and read the crime/violence section.

As far as the villas go, there are about 44 units which are managed by a few different people/companies. Therefore, the units are not all the same so you might get a nicer one if you rent through someone else (we used N.Gomez). We had a really hard time getting a hold of anyone to confirm our reservation and ended up having the tourism board call them from the Belize city airport (yeah, we didn't even know if we had a place when we flew in). They will book your flights to and from San Pedro, but it's cheaper if you do it yourself.

Our condo was fairly clean but the beds were absolutely terrible, very old and you sank to the middle if there were 2 people in it. My back was a mess by the time we left. Our room was 15b, on the second floor with 2 bedrooms. We backed onto the main road (some condos are closer to the beach) and there was a LOT of street noise. The police and fire station were right outside our window and there were horny cats meowing all night. The back bedroom window didn't close all the way either, so we slept in the front room. The couch was as bad as the beds and you also sank to the middle of it.

On a lighter note, the grounds and pool were really well kept and there is a pier on the beach that you can walk out on (we saw some neat fish and rays). There was almost always a friendly security guard on duty, too, so we felt safe around the villa. Also, the cleaning staff and the guy who picked us up from the airport were great (you will need someone to pick you up so they can give you your keys). There's lots of restaurants near by and a grocery store across the street that was open until 10:30 pm.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here again, even if I wanted to go back to Belize. But I did hear that the condo we were in is being bought by someome new who plans to renovate, so maybe you will have better luck in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are numbered 1a/b to 24a/b and are arranged in an oval. If you want to be by the beach which i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bibo26
acparadisevillas, Manager at Paradise Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

I am Nellie Gomez, manager of Paradise Villas, please allow me to explain this situation, first accept our apologizes for the inconvenience.

This was a last minute reservation made with the owner of the condo being a garden view which are on the road side, you were suppose to stay for 4 nights, we did not have the information of your arrival but we were on the lookout for you which you were a no show the first night and if you can re-call we did not charge you for that night.

We must admit that that particular condo needs to be up dated and should be done very soon. As per the local flights, we charge exactly what the airlines charge us.

As per crime, it happens all over the world but I can tell you as a born Sanpedrana we want the best for our town and country our local government is working very hard on this particular matter.

Once again please accept our apologies.

Nellie Gomez Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Will not be back. Spent 14 days from Dec. 24, 2012 until Jan, 6, 2013 at Paradise Villas. Stayed in 12A Garden View. Hotel location very good. Grounds beautiful. Friendly staff. Security nice 24hrs.

Ok, Here I Go: The owners of the condo are not updating this unit. Before we arrived, this unit was not cleaned I notice hair and other things. Also, floors, kitchen area, plates, culinary, etc.
were not up too per. No tv nor wifi in the bedroom. About a 13" tv in the living room. Wifi only in the living room; very slow some days there were no internet connection. Refrigerator makes noise and did not get cold the first couple days we were there. Pool wet bar did not open - surprising since it was the holidays and all units filled to capacity. My advise: I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. Belize is beautiful, so you can't go wrong there, but Paradise Villas I will not be back..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family