“Must try stuffed peppers!”

El Patio Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 210 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Locally owned restaurant in the center of town offer Belizean and Caribbean Food. We have great food, reasonable prices and excellent service. This restaurant has been serving San Pedro for over 25years.
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

The jalapeños stuffed with chicken are amazing! I had them and my husband had the fish and chips. We were pleased. The service (owner) went above and beyond. He made sure we loved our food before leaving our table.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hidden on a side street near the intersection of El Pescador and Black Coral streets is a consistently good, low key restaurant. The menu choices are not exotic but the quality of the food is good and the price is right. Grilled shrimp (Sandwich) is my favorite but everything we had was very good and tasted fresh. Exceptional Pina Coladas! Skip the regular margarita on the rocks and go for the frozen strawberry version instead.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We came in during a torrential downpour. Osmar greeted us at the door and took us upstairs to the patio. Great drinks. The chicken stuffed jalapenos were just the right start - not too hot, but still had a bite and extremely flavorful. They also brought out a fried snapper as an appetizer that was good - I'm not a huge fried food person though so I'm a little biased there. For entrees, my friend and I took advantage of it being Lobster Fest that night and both got a mixed seafood plate - lobster, shrimp, and snapper; I had mined blackened and my friend had hers grilled. Everything was flavorful and we were very happy to start off our vacation here.

Our server, Osmar was very helpful in deciding on our menu and drink choices. He helped make our dining experience that much better.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had tostadas and fajitas - both were delicious, we asked for the fajita marinade recipe but we only got one of the 'secret ingredients'. Upstairs has open air seating. Hospitality is unmet, especially for San Pedro. Prices are right on. Some of the best food we ate on AC. Would go back.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Walking around one evening while trying to find a place to eat, my partner and I came across Osmar just in front of the restaurant, the host and server at El Patio the evening we dined there. After glancing at the menu, we decided we would give El Patio a shot. El Patio's decor offers a charm all its own--it feels as though you're in an island cabana with a beautiful wood interior (we sat upstairs), with a breeze coming through wide and open windows. There were also couches in the upstairs area for folks just wanting to lounge and enjoy a cocktail. This seems a family friendly and large-groups welcome kind of place. Osmar started us off with a complimentary rum punch each and highly recommended trying the chicken-stuffed fried jalapeno poppers. They were unbelievable! My partner enjoyed the fried chicken and I had the coconut snapper. The snapper was served in a bow in a coconut sauce that was not overly spicy, but lovely nonetheless. The fried chicken offered a bit of a "taste from home" for my bud, and he seemed to enjoy it as he finished his plate without complaint. We really enjoyed our meal and the restau's atmosphere, and the service was expedient and friendly. El Patio is charming but not pretentious and priced about the same as a mid-range restaurant in Ambergris Caye would be.