This hotel is absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of a Ritz Carlton. This was the first time for me to stay at a hotel condo. It was nice because a lot of the people we met had been there many times and gave us good advice as far as restaurants and activities. The rooms are huge. I stayed in a one bedroom that was about 1000 sq ft. Maid service was phenomenal and they do your laundry. Every room has a view of the ocean. I booked my room through vrbo.com and got a great deal. At night the only thing I did not like was having my room close to the street and smells of sewer wafting unto the grounds. The beach is not really swimmable due to seaweed but you can swim off of the dock. The pool is great. The hotel only has one restaurant that is connected to the pool. The food was surprisingly good. The staff in the restaurant for some reason was always rude and very slow. To health nuts, eating fruits and veges is a luxury here so get some at the market when you arrive. If you fish you can do it right off of the dock for your dinner. Lots of snapper. We went deep sea fishing and caught the same stuff as we did off of the dock. The front desk staff was always super helpful. Everyone drives golf carts here. They were really expensive. I think about 75.00 usd per day. You can rent them by the hour but they are often times not available. Cabs are really expensive but comparable to other Caribbean countries. The more casual restaurants I found to be the best. Do not miss Elvi’s kitchen. The Belizean tacos are amazing. The street bbq is super good too. On every corner people are making papusas. Eat a lot of them!! Try and go during lobster season. Two must do attractions: First you must snorkel at Hol Chan. It is the best I have seen in the world. You will see sharks, grouper, turtle and stingrays. They bring you to deep areas where people are scuba diving below you. Another attraction is the Mayan ruins. If you have a lot of energy getting there by boat and bus is fine but if you are with kids or are older fly over to Belize. It is a very long but cool day. Last tip. You only need to arrive to the Ambergris airport 5 minutes before departure. Very lax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro