Add a few palm trees (and a better beach, more on that later) and this would have the look and feel of a top resort on Maui. The accommodations are the best I have ever experienced - essentially perfect. The swim up bar and grill was great and we ate (and drank) there often. Pool is large, well designed, and not crowded. Service at every level (front desk, concierge, housekeeping) was outstanding. Their concierge arranged all of our activities (prior to arriving I had given them a list of things we wanted to do) and everything was great. They only work with the top people. They have a large dock where you can just sit and watch the ocean and all of the boats zooming by. We zipped into town on the convenient (although pricey) golf carts whenever we deisred. I have two teenagers (15 and 13) and they had a blast the entire time.
I have just a few minor nits. 1) The two hot tubs are tiny and weren't very clean. 2) Through no fault of theirs, the beach is small and there is lots of debris due to everything (both man-made and natural) washing up on shore. While the maintenance staff does a good job of cleaning up, it's hard to keep up with. Having said all this, if lounging around on a large, white sand beach is your idea of a great vacation, you wouldn't be choosing Ambergris Caye in the first place. 3) The place could really use an onsite (preferably beach side) shop where guests could rent snorkel gear, etc. 4) A fitness center (overlooking the ocean) would be great and should not be too much to ask for a place of this caliber. There is some wasted space near the beach which would be perfect for this.
The big downside, of course, with a place like this is the price. You can certainly stay elsewhere on the island for a lot less, and probably still come home and say you had a great trip. But if money is no object, and Ambergris Caye is your destination of choice, you can't beat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro