Stayed at this property over New Years with a girl friend of mine - never been to Belize and kind of picked this spot because it looked "nice" - even during "the busiest week of the year" there were always plenty of pool chairs, even in the late morning or early afternoon! Very clean units, thorough daily maid service, friendly staff, fast service at bar. GREAT food & very friendly staff at Cowboy Doug's bar at the resort! Only downside is that it's the only food/drink option on resort property and it's small with no late night hours as to not disturb guests in surrounding units. Quiet property overall - very family friendly. Not a "party spot" - which might be good or bad depending on what you are looking for. Was perfect for a week getaway for 2 thirty-something girls looking to lay by the pool or beach, read, eat good food and have some drinks!
Few minor downfalls that we easily overlooked - wifi didn't work inside unit (owner of unit is responsible for this service apparently, not resort), but resort wifi worked great around pool, common areas, on our balcony and some times in our room. If you are relying on in-unit wifi for work this might be a problem! Iphone Facetime worked great to call US using resort wifi - in areas mentioned above. Had ants in the kitchen but "went away" if we were careful about not leaving food on counters. Other than that can't really think of anything we didn't like!
Side note: Rent a golf cart at least for a few days to get around town! Rent bikes to travel the areas north of town near the resort (bring a headlamp if you plan to bike after dark - no lights along beach). Water taxi from the resort pier to downtown is fast and cheap ($5 each way) - great option if you don't plan to stay out downtown past 10:30.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro