Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Las Terrazas Resort(San Pedro)
Hotel del Rio(San Pedro)
Caye Casa(San Pedro)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspool barlaundry servicegolf cartbeach basketthrough vrboin townbedroom penthouserooftop restaurantwater taxilaundry donegrocery storemain poolocean viewtruck stopfitness centerfamily vacationdaily housekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a two bedroom condo that was spacious & clean. My husband, 18 year old son and myself were there for 8 nights. Comfortable beds, laundry service, everything you need in a kitchen. The staff was friendly and always very helpful. The view was beautiful of the sea. We loved having a golf cart for our entire stay to explore the island and go to dinners in our area or drive 2 miles to San Pedro. Water Taxi's are available also. The staff will arrange all fishing, snorkeling & diving excursions. We had a great experience at this resort for our first time visiting Ambergris Caye. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CFTNM
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Caibe from March 29th to April 5th, 2013. First trip to Belize. We took the puddle jump flight from Belize City with Tropic air. The front desk made all the arrangements when we booked the room. They picked us up at the airport in San Pedro, and took us to the resort. The cab ride was paid for by the Grand Caribe. Checked in, and they took us to our condo. Holy cow, was it beautiful. We had the massive one bedroom suite, I1A. Right dead center, on the second floor. Stunning room, with unreal views. There was, however, a problem lurking that we did not find out about until after getting home, more on that in a minute. The grounds a fantastic, and all the staff were exceptional. Especially Ada and Ingrid at the bar. The people of Belize were all very warm and friendly. We rented a golf cart for 3 days to get around. Really worth it, if nothing more than convenience. There is a water taxi that takes you from the dock to town for $5 US each way. It runs every 2 hours. The cart for 3 days was $211 US. I had to put $25 of gas in it. The roads are terrible, worse in a golf cart with no suspension. We did the Hol Chan, and Shark Ray ally snorkel on Sunday. Very touristy and over organized. My wife and I hate taking tours for this kind of thing, but the area is a marine reserve, and closely controlled, no choice. Saw a great variety of fish and rays. At Shark and Ray alley, saw the biggest nurse shark I have ever seen. Must have been an easy 300 lb's. I am a diver, so I did 2 reef dives on Monday. Went with Amigos Del Mar dive shop for all the snorkeling and diving. They were great. The real high light came on Wednesday. We went to the Great Blue Hole. This has been on my diving bucket list for a long time. My wife came as a snorkeler. This was truly the high light of the week. I have done a lot of diving, from French Polynesia, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and these dives were the top of the heap, by miles. If you go to San Pedro, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Amigos Del Mar were incredible. Fed us all day, and it was valet diving. I did not do anything except dive. They looked after everything. Now, back to our little surprise in our room. We started the week hanging at the small beach. My wife commented that she was getting a lot of bites. Nothing unusual for the beach, so we thought. The next day, the bites started showing up on me. We were now steering clear of the beach, thinking it was sand flees or something like that. The week goes on, and we are now covered in bites. way more than I have ever encountered, and we have travelled a lot. I started really thinking about it this week, and looking at the area of my bites, and particularly, the pattern. I did some research, and I am convinced we had a bed bug infestation in our mattress. The mattress top was foam, which I found incredibly uncomfortable to sleep on, but my wife liked. There is no way we got these bites on the beach. The pattern of my bites is classic bed bug. It never occurred to us at the time, as we just assumed the beach, or mosquitoes. I sent the front desk an email indicating my thoughts, but don't expect a reply. In spite of this, we loved Belize. If you stay here, check your bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kip W
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I with our our 3 children ( 15,13,11 ) spent 1 week at Grand Caribe for our spring break. The resort is immaculate, the housekeeping and laundry is first rate,same as the grounds keeping, There is pride evident in the way the workers care for the property and for their individual jobs.Front desk and concierge could not be more helpful.They organized our pickup and return to airport our golf cart rental and all our tours. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Our condo was awesome, granite counter tops, high end appliances and all the comforts of home.We ate all over the island and could not find a bad meal. We simply used the restaurant reviews of all the previous visitors. We had equally great experiences with the fishing , scuba and snorkeling trips.We could not find anything to complain about, Grand Caribe is a home run.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views from what we could see , one tip , pack very light and then only take half of that
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1967Shelby
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Our family, my sister and boyfriend and mother and friend (6 adults and 2 kids) traveled last week of March 2013 to Grande Caribe. We had a great time and the staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite for 7 nights - this unit had great space, sparklingly clean and the amenities were excellent and the daily laundry service was awesome. The pool was excellent and beach was suitable. The bar food and service was good -- nice work by Ingrid and Chi taking care of us. The only improvement I shared - was larger pool umbrellas, small tables next to lounge chairs. Recommend (and we did) bring small set of snacks (chips, salsa, potato chips, PB&J, bags of cereal, etc.) to help curb appetites, quick breakfast in the morning, snacks at the pool, etc. Additionally, make a trip to the store for beer, milk, bread, and some other key necessities, The only thing to think about - is this resort is 2 miles north of downtown and you will need to rent a golf cart if you want to go downtown for dinner every night OR spend the $20 USD taxi ride each way -- we used Aby's Taxi (he was excellent). As for the rating, honestly, don't know if there was a fitness facility, I ran on the beach and road. For kids' activities there wasn't much, but we snorkeled off the beach and spent the day in the pool. Other than that...great trip would go back in a minute.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor so we had to go up two flights of stairs...not a big deal for us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart A
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have stayed at Grand Caribe various times over the past 3 years with my infant daughter and cannot find anything to complain about. The staff are all very friendly, helpful and accommodating (which in my opinion is not fake warmth put on as a show merely for guests, as I have come to appreciate that Belizean people are generally quite friendly by nature, but this cultural trait is of course well applied and appreciated when it comes to the tourism industry). They even arranged an Easter Egg hunt for all the children who stayed over the Easter weekend.

The resort would be specifically attractive to families based on their large rooms, expansive multi-level pool area (which as far as I understand may even be the biggest in San Pedro and Ambergris Caye) with small fountain in the children's area and waterfall, beachfront location, facilitated transfer services to and from the airport (they arrange taxis and inland flights upon request), on hand ancillary services (they can arrange golf carts for those who wish to venture out of the resort and diving/snorkeling/fishing/sea excursions - facilitated by their onsite pier), and onsite pool bar & restaurant service (which can also be used for room service).

The resort is located in Northern Ambergris Caye which is away from the bustling activity and nightlife of the Main San Pedro town. This tends to make it nice, quiet and private, ideal for families and couples.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family