My husband and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary so we wanted something special. We could not have made a better choice. After spending a few days in the jungle where we attended a wedding and did the site seeing, we went to San Pedro for the R & R part of the trip. We chose Grand Caribe because we wanted to be on the north end of the island away from the hustle and bustle of the town. We were also hoping to get there just before the rush of spring break (almost end of March) and it turned out to be perfect timing. The beach and the pool were never too crowded and there were more than enough lounge chairs in both places. Our favorite thing to do was swim in the ocean tho :) The Cowboy Pool Bar had great food and I think we ate there about every meal OH!! and you must taste their Crazy Coco - it was the BEST!! (Ribeye sandwich also a big hit) What I cannot say enough about is the room. We stayed in I1A and first of all I need to comment on the wood work in the unit. The cabinets, tables, chairs everything was amazing. They provided coffee which we enjoyed every single morning for sunrise which was a breathtaking view from the units veranda. There was always a wonderful breeze and the view of the reef is surreal. The furniture was comfortable even to the point that on our second day there, a short cool front came through in the afternoon so we were watching a movie and we fell asleep on the sofa. Speaking of sleep - we couldn't get over the comfort of the bed either. It was like sleeping on a cloud. I think this was because it had a thin foam lining between the sheet and the mattress. The cleanliness or the unit was superb and trust me my husband is very picky when it comes to that. The experience at Grand Caribe was so amazing that we ended up staying an extra day since we just really did not want to leave. Cannot wait to go back for the 11th anniversary!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro