I recently went to stay at the Grand Caribe Resort in San Pedro and was very pleased with the room we stayed in. The owner of the condo was friendly and they had done all they could to make our trip enjoyable (which it was).
I do have some issues with this place though… First and foremost was the "restaurant" or swim up bar… The place is called "Cowboy Doug's" and its not too bad at first. The prices are reasonable and the food isn't bad. On our last night at the place the Cowboy Doug himself was there and he tried to take advantage of my wife while I wasn't there! He tried to get her incapacitated in the pool at the swim up bar which is outrages and very dangerous!
Other than Cowboy Doug, the service was very good though.
The other issues I have with this place is the hot tub was WAY to hot to get in one night and way too cold the next night.
The location of this place is not good… It is located 2 miles outside of town which is very inconvenient if/when you want to go to town to do more. You can rent a golf cart but not only is it fairly expensive, there is a toll bridge you have to cross when going to and from the hotel. You can rent bikes as well but be very careful riding at night because the roads going to/from the hotel are unpaved and there are no lights.
I would not recommend staying at this location. The rooms are not enough to make up for all the problems with this place (besides, why stay inside when you are on your vacation?) I think there are better places to stay on that island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro