We have stayed at Grand Caribe before and keep coming back. The facility is the nicest we've seen on the island and the location is the best if you don't want to be in town, but want easy access. Every condo is beautifully appointed with an incredible view of the ocean. We try to stay on the second floor for the best view.
During our stays we have had only great service and it seems the staff works hard to remember your name and try to please you. Was a bit surprised on the comments in a recent review on the concierge since we also spoke with her, but understood it was only her second day on the job. There is some construction, but we didn't notice the noise since it wasn't close to our condo and we were happy to hear that the resort continues to upgrade the facility. It seems they will add some additional conveniences for the guests, but didn't say what they would be yet.
I thought the pool prices were high at first, but was told they include gratuity and a 15 pct tax that every place charges. We found that our orders could feed 2 people and the food was great - haven't ordered anything that we didn't like and they cooked our fish that we caught for a minimal charge - definitely want to please you.
The roads were not the best we've seen on prior visits. This wasn't a surprise since it had been raining. Once the rain stopped they graded them the next day.
That said, if you come to the island for a relaxing time this is a wonderful place. If you expect for everything to be perfect this may not be the place to come. The attraction is that you are on an island, the people (who will remember you and probably your name the next time you come) and the wonderful change from the "rat race" at home.
We stay on the north side at Grand Caribe because we want to stay in a beautiful high end place, but want the island feel where we drive through a neighborhood on a dirt rode and walk the beach at night to dinner at an open air restaurant.
If you come, the Palapa Bar is our favorite and only a quarter mile down the beach. Aji is right next door and a unique setting. You will dine under lights nestled in the trees - very cool. Capricorn is another great restaurant but a further walk north. We love Mambas at Matachica and they will pick you up on Grand Caribe's dock free of charge - A romantic boat ride to the restaurant where you may see a few shooting stars along the way. If you want a local on the beach bar, try Wyo's not too far south from the bridge on the beach (nicest guy ever) or Coco Loco's owned by a Canadian couple (try the Trivia night).
If I had to sum up how we feel when we come to Grand Caribe and the island is that when the day comes to leave we don't want to go. We are checking out today and are already talking about when we can come back. I've asked others we meet what they think and most say this is their favorite place in the Caribbean.
If you focus on the beauty of the water and the people, you too will find your way back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro