From before we left for the Crand Caribe to after we returned home, the staff of the Grand Caribe has been the most personal, professional and terrific staff we have ever encountered. Eli, Reservations and Tours Manager, was without a doubt, the most helpful person in hotel management we have ever dealt with. We asked her for pictures of every room (even though they have a 360 view on their web page) and a hundered other questions which she always met with prompt replies and in-depth information. Thanks Eli! We did extensive online research of almost every hotel on the island before we selected the Grand Caribe and we cannot overstate how well it paid off for us. After arriving, we took some time to go and visit the other "luxury" hotels and condos we had considered and they do not even come close to the Grand Caribe. Many other hotels provide "seaview" or "honeymoon" suites, but pound for pound, the Grand Caribe exceeded all our expectations and puts themselves on an entirely different level. The Grand Caribe is just a few minutes golf cart ride from the town and provides a wonderous respite from the hustle and bustle of San Pedro. A golf cart is a must and you will have to pay a toll bridge fee every time you come and go from town ($2.50 US each way), but it is surely worth it. Once you pass through the Grand Caribe's doors and enter the grounds, you imediately feel as if you are truly in a spa resort. The enormous multi-level pool tantilizes you with a jacuzzi, a poolside bar and grill and shallow pool for lounge chair seating. Beyond the pool is a gorgeous view of the ocean and a small clean beach you can also lay out and listen to the waves along the coral reef. Each room, whether sea view or beach front, provides an exceptional view of the ocean and the hotel's pier. Their "seaview" is truly sea view. Our seaview apartment (one bedroom, one bath, living room and full kitchen) felt as if we had our own beach front view. The Grand Caribe's service is second to none and is on such a pesonal level, we felt as if we became part of the Granb Caribe "family". You will get to know Emerson who will personally pick you up at the airport and drive you back at the end of your vacation; Ernesto and Marlin (front desk conceriges) who provide top notch service to meet all your needs (thanks again guys for getting our laptop back from the airport) ; Monica, Matthew, Helen, and Raul who staff the bar and grill and make some of the isalnd's best meals; Shannon our cleaning staff who went far and above for us; Pedro, the security supervisor who seems to be everywhere with a smile and helping hand; and lastly but certainly not least Debbie (Sales and Marketing) who always had a smile and graciously offered an abundance of helpful local information with a sweet Caribbean accent. The entire staff of the Grand Caribe are truly accomodating and put such a personal touch on every service, it is truly the only choice to stay on the island. The Grand Caribe is clean, beautiful and towers among the other hotels. Set away from the town center, you have the luxury of enjoying all the amenities of town and then get back in your a golf cart (a defnite must), drive 10-12 minutes and relax in a quiet luxurious atmosphere. The Grand Caribe is so new, it is truly a hidden treasure on the island. Ambergris Caye itself takes a day or two to grow on you as the isalnd pace is much slower than most people are likely use to; but once you let the isalnd motto of "go slow" settle within you, you will never want to leave. Whether you are dining, diving, shopping or just walking, you will meet dozens of people who came and never left or came to visit and returned later to finally reside in Ambergris Caye. If you are there to dive, we took some time to meet and greet a few dive instructors and hands-down chose Chuck and Robbie's Dive shop. Robbie is the owner and master dive instructor and will provide you with absolutely great service tailored to what you want to do. Overall, we had a wonderful time due to the amazing people and breathtaking island of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The unique layout of this premier resort provides the entire 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom condos with an unobstructed panoramic view of the second largest Barrier Reef! The residences are beautifully appointed with spacious, fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms and bedrooms have flat screens and all accommodations also have ipod docking, DVD and internet service. Concierge can arrange local flights, golf cart rentals, all tours including snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing, mainland excursions, private charters, private chefs and babysitting. Contact us for your next vacation, honeymoon or any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Caribe Belize Resort and Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums Hotel San Pedro
- Grand Caribe Belize Resort And Condominiums San Pedro