“Many wow”
Review of Aqua Scuba Belize

Aqua Scuba Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Scuba is Belize's Ultimate PADI Dive and Tour Center. Aqua Scuba is proud to boast the newest and largest dive boats allowing us to accommodate individuals and groups with comfort and safety. We are your one-stop shop for all diving and leisure related activities. Aqua Scuba is affiliated with the Ambergris Caye’s top Resorts and we can assist with air and room reservations. Contact us today to plan your trip to paradise!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Myself and three friends did two tanks of local reef diving (Tacklebox and Raman's reef). The dives were good, and the crew knew what they were doing and where to take us. The equipment was satisfactory and the boat was good enough for the short ride.

Myself and two of my friends did the blue hole, half moon caye and long caye dives with Ghandi and his crew. Their professionalism, friendliness, and earnest desire to please both scuba divers and snorkellers was amazing. The boat ride is long but well worth it, the dives were excellent. The depth for the blue hole (40m) is intimidating, but the dive masters were both attentive and able to manage inexperienced divers as well as cater to more experienced ones.

The crew made our day for us. 10/10 would recommend this company and I would absolutely dive with them again.

They were also much cheaper than other dive shops (250 USD including park fees from San Pedro, 205 from Caye Caulker).

The food was delicious, but basic (what do you expect, there's no kitchen aboard).

As a side note, if you are an inexperienced diver, and you do not listen to instructions well, you may get a couple of stern words, this is because they're concerned about your safety and that of other divers.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Marvin and Rasta Omar (Curt) were awesome dive masters and trip hosts. The ride out to the Blue Hole was very rough, and Curt bravely escorted 5 (out of 21) divers to the back of the boat when they turned green from the turbulent seas. I would not have dared to leave my seat and would have surely fallen if I had. They were very professional and competent divers, and I felt completely safe despite my 25 year hiatus from diving only to then undertake the 130 foot deep Blue Hole dive. I paid a reasonable price for a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and I give Aqua Scuba credit for having great employees on their team. Lunch was fine but I personally would have liked something more exotic like ceviche. Marvin went the extra mile and took us on a tour of our lunch island where we saw boobie birds and iquana. He climbed a coconut tree, smashed the husk off the nut, and gave the nut to us to drink the coconut water; I can't believe some of the guests declined this mini-tour! Thanks guys.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I went to Blue Hole with Aqua Scuba. The crew did not look like they wanted to be there. They would bark at the customers (there were about 18 of us) and tell them what to do. One person (customer) on the boat spoke limited English and the guide barked at him, "Haven't you been listening? Do it right, man!" I felt so bad for him.

On the way back a couple of crew members were smoking joint in the back.

We are typically very generous when it comes to tipping guides but these guys ended the day with an empty tip jar.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We booked and traveled the day and three dives to the blue hole. Roy and Russell great dive masters. Let u dive ur plan or profile if they see u are competent. Very service oriented. Owners on site and very helpful and friendly. Boats seem old and worn though and it is a big boat operation so we dove with 22. However dive master Roy did great job taking care if us ask for him. If two or three are going together spend the extra $75 to get ur own private dive master makes it much better. I love Roy but there are better dive operators in town.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

as far as there service i am very happy great guides an dive masters an they provide equipments an was door to door service