“sort of island native” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Scuba Belize

Aqua Scuba Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Scuba is Belize's Ultimate Dive and Tour Center.
Aqua Scuba is proud to boast the newest and largest dive boats allowing us to
 accommodate individuals and groups with comfort and safety.
We are your one-stop shop for all diving and leisure related activities. Aqua Scuba is affiliated with the Ambergris Caye’s top Resorts and we can assist with air and room reservations. Contact us today to plan your trip to paradise!
San Pedro, Belize
“sort of island native”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I lived on the island for a year & half, always went to aqua scuba for all my see adventures. I have gone on their popular day trips to hol chan and shark ray alley, which were awesome for not only experience snorkelers but also first timers. I also got scuba certified with them as well and went on the blue hole dive, which you can also snorkel if you are not scuba certified and definitely a site worth seeing. Their customer service was impeccable, always friendly and ready to assist you within the shop and outside. This is one of the most experienced dive shops on the island and they truly know what they are doing, safety was a concern for me and I would gladly recommend anyone to go pay them a visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I couldn't stop smiling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We did a snorkeling trip to the marine preserve and shark and ray alley. It was excellent. We stopped for thee dives. Each time our guide, Keenan (sp.) would free dive to point out the various fish and coral we saw. He even made sure everybody got a chance to pet a shark and ray. It was pretty wild, no pun intended, to be out there in their environment.

We now have a new measuring stick for future snorkeling adventures.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We really enjoyed our dives with Aqua Scuba. The local dives were great with lots of aquatic life and good visibility. We did our Blue Hole excursion with this company and it was the best day of our whole trip. It's a long trip but they have a nice big boat to make it a bit more comfortable. We did two fantastic dives, then were taken to a paradise island for a delicious lunch and an optional island tour with one of the guides; checking out the hermit crabs, iguanas and the very rare booby birds. One more dive then it was back home, this time with tasty rum punch being offered. Thank you so much to Ghandi, Louis, Marvin, Chris and Francois for making the day so easy and fun for everyone! We'll be back!

St. Kitts
“Awesome,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This company went above and beyond to help my friend and I have a wonderful day diving at the blue hole. Great day!

Minnesota
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Chaos, rough waters made it a stressful day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booking with this company was easy and they arranged everything (flew in from Belize City for the day). It seemed like it was going to be a seamless day. But from the second we got to their office/dock, it was a rushed, chaotic mess. There were more people on the boat than I was told there would be, and the guides weren't super friendly. The day was a disaster primarily because the waters were so rough, which isn't their fault. But allowing a captain-in-training to take us out in 10-12 foot waves was a poor decision. He swamped our boat allowing a 2 foot wave to hit everyone in the boat, soaking everything. The dive was good (poor vis due to rough waters), but our guide disappeared halfway through the dive to take someone up. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but there were 6-8 of us left below for quite a while and we were told in our briefing not to hang out on the surface due to the extremely rough waters. I was literally afraid to surface so I just hung out 20 feet below the boat waiting for our guide. I asked if I could have a refund for the second dive because I felt seasick when we got back to the dock, but the owner told me it didn't work like that. My husband is cheap and made us go on the second dive as well. We had less people per guide that time, which made the 2nd dive much better. However, they got us back to the dock late and half the boat was panicked about missing our flight back. It all worked out, but it was a stressful day. Not ideal for a precious vacation day.

1 Thank Amy M