“Prince & Co for a Custom Tour”

Jungle Water Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small licence tour operator that offers more option and activities than any other company at much more affordable prices.Our mainland tours from Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Town can be down by air or by the water taxi. Our newest and hottest tour on the Island is the ATV Island Jungle Adveture. It's seventheen miles of biking to rocky point where the reef meets land at our world heritage site, Bacalar chico National Park. Enjoy biking through jungle trails and a five minutes hike through the jungle. After exploring Rocky point we head back to the beach to relax and for a fish beach-bar-b-q.If you like while you await for lunch you can swim and also snorkel if you think you have extra energy. After lunch its back on our bike towards home and civilization once more. This tour will real give you a different pespective of our island and the oppertunities of to spot wildlife can be endless. You do not need to leave the island to have that amazing jungle experience or to have that wild adventure. Warning this tour includes a lot and we mean a lot of fun!!!!
Cape May, New Jersey
“Prince & Co for a Custom Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Belize. Start in Belize City, and you’re about 2 hours or so to the Guatemalan border to the West, or 2 hours to the North to reach Corozal on the upper reaches of the Chesapeake Bay-looking Chetumal Bay, that has Ambergris Caye and San Pedro on the right, towards the Caribbean … or the same amount of time (well, maybe a little more) to hit the Southern border by Honduras. Mayan Ruins sites everywhere.
So … how do you do that, absorb the countryside?
Go with Prince, and Brian, and Richard, like the 6 of us did. Stop wherever, go wherever. Visit with some of the folks and family that these guys know (like they don’t know just about everybody, everywhere!).
Or, you could pay about the same for a regular, pre-planned here-to-there, do-this-or-that, tour.
Instead, spread a map of the country on a table, pick the places you’d like to explore, and let the guys take you on a custom “Stop wherever, Go wherever” tour. Passing through a town that strikes your fancy? They’ll know (or find) a great place for lunch/dinner/whatever.
Make it an overnighter. Tour some ruins, do ziplining, cave tubing, the zoo … you name it. Or just explore, hang out, go when you want to go, stay when you want to stay. Prince and the boys do it right. Whenever you say "Can we ...", it's always "Of course ... you're the boss ...", looking at you like perhaps you didn't grasp that concept. Exceptional!

Visited July 2013

USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Excursion Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I contacted William prior to our departure from Miami. He was responsive and what I liked most was the combination options he offered. My friend and I (2 girls on a girl's getaway) wanted to see Mayan Ruins and do Zip lining. William picked us up at our hotel (Las Terrazas) quite early in the morning and brought us to the airport of San Pedro where we boarded a plane for Belize Central. There we met up with Ryan who drove us across Belize to Xunantunich. William then picked us up upon our return to San Pedro and took us to a great local place for dinner. His prices were very competitive and saved us from paying the premium our hotel would have otherwise charged us. We had a great time and we highly recommend their services.

Visited July 2013
Ankeny, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique way to experience the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Jungle Water Adventures ATV tour is phenomenal. First of all, William is punctual both in person and in communication. Email responses to my many questions were answered promptly and thoroughly. Secondly, although the tour may seem pricey, it is worth the money. I believe it is the only way you can see a large portion of Ambergris Caye and have a fantastic time doing it! The atvs were fun and functional, and William prepared us a great lunch and provided water and other beverages along the trip. He gave us the option of dining at a resort or a private stretch of beach. We chose the beach, where we could cool off for a bit and relax. In short, if you're considering this, DO IT! Best out-of-the-water activity on the Cayes.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank BudgetTravelAB
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“William is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I were in Belize for about a week, staying just north of San Pedro. I had found William's website online and emailed him about several tours. He was very prompt to respond, detailed, and organized - something almost every single other tour company I tried to contact was lacking. Literally, don't even expect a response from all of them!

Once my husband and I were in San Pedro, we visited William at his office and ended up booking 3 different tours with him - Cave tubing & zip lining, Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley snorkeling, and a full day fishing & beach BBQ trip. Overall, his prices were extremely reasonable and far cheaper than others in the area. He was also very easy to work with.

First - the cave tubing and zip lining: We were able to FLY over to Belize City with what we booked through William for even cheaper than most companies were charging to take you over to the mainland by boat! This was a HUGE plus for us because we are all about making the most of your time and the flight is 15min vs. at least an hour+ to get over to the mainland by boat (not to mention much more comfortable accommodations flying). Our guide was amazing!! He was so incredibly knowledgeable - every two minutes he was pointing something out on our drive out to the jungle that had to do with Belize history, culture, etc. He made such good time too! He even stopped at the Belize zoo for us so we could take a quick tour. This was totally unexpected and such a cool experience. It was early in the morning so no one was at the zoo yet and all the animals were out (no crowds bothering them). Amazing! He knew so much about the animals and the jungle too. Next, the zip lining was so much fun! Quite a rush and really an amazing experience. The jungle is absolutely beautiful and the people that work at the zip lines are fantastic. Very safe yet still adventurous and not something you can do just anywhere. After zip lining we were ready to get in the water! Our guide got us all situated with our tubes and lights, and off we went. It ended being only my husband and I on this trip with the guide and that was so great. On our walk through the jungle, to the caves, our guide spotted a coconut tree with really fresh coconuts and asked if we wanted one (of course!). To our amazement, he climbed to the top of the tree, knocked 3 coconuts down, and shimmied his way back to the ground (it was really tall)! He then cracked open our coconuts and helped us drink all the coconut milk and then eat all the fresh meat. It was amazing and so refreshing! In the caves he didn't make us tie up to him but instead let us float through on our own - which was so much better. We kept seeing groups all tied together, floating in one big cluster, very slowly. It was so cool to be able to paddle around on our own in the caves, go check out the little waterfalls, swim around - amazing! Afterwards we ate at the restaurant there onsite and the food was fine - buffet style but we were starving so it worked :)

Next - snorkeling at Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley. William paired us up with the most amazing guide!! I can't say enough about this guy. He was hilarious, first of all. Captain Ron style - awesome. He was also incredibly knowledgeable about EVERYTHING - and I mean everything. He even taught us the proper way to de-cloud your snorkel mask (and no, I'm not just talking about spitting in it) and even fixed a bunch of the "super experienced" snorkelers masks who thought they were good without his help ;) Once we were in the water, he was pointing out fish, coral, eel, sharks, everything - he had this clapping method which is really loud underwater that he used to get your attention and point things out. I heard that clap every 15 seconds under there! I saw all the other guides just floating around, letting their groups do whatever they wanted, not seeing anything, not pointing out anything. It was literally to the point that the other guides started migrating their groups over to ours and basically tagged along to our guides' tour. Ridiculous but our guide was that good. We saw SO MUCH! At Shark Ray Alley he was able to get all the sting rays and sharks around us so we could touch them. My husband and I both held a shark - an experience of a lifetime!! None of the other guides were able to do this. He called the stingrays and sharks his pets and had names for all of them. And I swear, they literally came to him like his pets, it was amazing. One of the large sting rays had half their tail bitten off and he said it must have recently happened and was really sad about it - he said "that sting ray is like my dog!" Really cool guy.

OK last (I know this is getting long) - our fishing and beach BBQ trip. I can't say enough about this trip. Our guide Sylvan and his son, Arnold were absolutely incredible. We started out reef fishing, slowing make our way out and along the reef. We got a ton of bites, literally every time we threw the poles in the water, but it was a little hard to get the fish in the boat through the reef. They use the coral to their advantage and break off a lot. We did get a few beautiful snappers on board though. Then, Sylvan said we were going to go trolling. Which was awesome because we thought we were only going to be able to reef fish. Long story short, we ended up with TWO beautiful, BIG mahi-mahi on our lines - one on my pole and one on my husbands'. The one on my husbands' pole was far bigger than mine. It literally took over an hour to get mine anywhere near the boat - hardest fighting fish I've ever experienced (and I've been fishing since I could hold a pole). We finally managed to get mine on board. A 4'5", 45+ pound Mahi-Mahi!!! Couldn't believe how big it was! My husband was still fighting the larger one, and when it was finally close enough to get it into the boat, it ended up breaking off at the propeller. Heart breaking! After that we headed over to Mexico Rocks and my husband and I went snorkeling with Arnold while Sylvan butchered and cleaned the Mahi-Mahi for our BBQ. Mexico Rocks was absolutely stunning! There was no one there, perfect timing, and it was some of the best snorkeling we experienced while in Belize. Very untouched area for snorkeling, I would highly, highly recommend it. We saw everything we had seen at Hol Chan but it was even clearer and much less damaged due to less people. We went to a deserted resort and beach for our BBQ next. They used dried coconuts as the "charcoal" so all the food ended up having this beautiful coconut smoked flavor - like nothing I've ever tasted before. We had our Mahi-Mahi, coconut rice, beans, and vegetables. Nothing like eating that fresh of fish, with homemade coconut rice, slow cooked and smoked over dried coconuts. Another experience of a lifetime. On our way back to our resort (they had picked us up directly from there by the way) we decided to troll again and caught a large barracuda! Very cool. Needless to say, we had fresh, beautiful fish for dinner (and snacking!) for the next 3 days!! Probably one of the best experiences we had throughout our entire vacation.

I would HIGHLY recommend booking all your tours through William. He obviously knows the best guides in the area and will truly give you memories to last a lifetime. So personal, no tourist gimmicks or BS, makes you feel like a local. Amazing!! Thank you William!!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Sabrina5505
Lincoln, Nebraska
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“4-Wheel, ATV, unique sights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We took the all-day tour for $165 U.S. each. CASH required!!
We thoroughly enjoyed it, and one more thing has been crossed off our bucket list.

OVERVIEW: thrilling 40-mile round trip on an ATV, through dense foliage, driving on the beaches, with a stop at the northern-most tip of San Pedro, and a beach barbecue fixed by our guide, William.

HIGHLIGHTS: the sea bass he caught himself, prepared on an open fire pit.
Finding conch shells, seeing a white-tail deer (rare to see them!) and two iguanas.

ADVICE:
• You need some upper body strength for handling an ATV on this trip (you likely will be sore the next day, at least if you are over a 'certain' age, and not in terribly good shape). One gal on our tour had trouble steering and wound up riding double.
• Driver’s license required.
• SPF 30 does NOT cut it for this trip, no matter how often applied. Get the highest SPF you can find and reapply at every opportunity, especially the backs of hands, tops of thighs, arms, etc.
• Wear big sunglasses. (Goggles would have been helpful to keep dust out).
• I wore a visor, and that helped protect my face. Wore it over the helmet on the way back, when SPEED was the goal! (We were members of the Slow-Poke Club, but William made sure we were never able to get lost, while accommodating the Speed Demon tour members.)
• CAUTIONS: you will be EXTREMELY dusty at the end of this trip! I'm talking raccoon eyes! Still getting grit out of our eyes the next day.
• Make sure your bladder is EMPTY before taking this trip. :-) Very bumpy.

MORE ADVICE:
• Wear your swim suit under your clothes. No place to change.
• Wear LONGER shorts/pants to avoid chafing from the seat, and sunburned thighs.
• Wear sturdy walking shoes for the short walk from the path to the sea.
• If you want to snorkel, it is BYO equipment.
• If you need to use the 'restroom' at the beach stop...um. Let me just say, do not look around. The “jungle squat” probably would have been a better choice. :)
• Apply more sunscreen at the beach stop...the sun will fry your previously unexposed flesh in minutes.

WHO FOR? Someone who:
• Wants a non-water adventure, no swimming or snorkeling skills required, unless you want to at the beach BBQ.
• Doesn’t want to make a trip to the mainland for fun stuff.
• Enjoys a touch of thrill.
• Wants to see unique flora and fauna (although most fauna along the route probably is scared away by the motors.)
• Wants to see the undeveloped portions of the island and be educated about the unfortunate debris we all create and toss into the sea.
• Wants to enjoy a private beach and hammock for a bit.

NOT FOR? Someone who:
• Doesn’t have enough upper body strength to steer.
• Isn’t in reasonably decent shape. (Muscle fatigue by the last few miles.)
• Is satisfied to sit by the beach and wiggle his/her toes.

Visited May 2013