“Satisfying!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Robin's Kitchen

Robin's Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Satisfying!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived early before official opening with my catch of day. The staff were pleasant and grilled my filleted red snappers on his smoker with no charge but I did buy a jerk chicken and vegetables for family that was awesome and the best I had on island. My fish was jerked at my request to my satisfaction ; live music was a plus too.

Staff did not have change. So you might want to have correct monies if you are the type that wants every "penny" back. That was ok to me since I was more than satisfied with customer service and prep of fish / food.

My only concern is I did not see cook wash his hands especially handling meat products before or after. I guess he grilled the germs away; I see things are done differently than USA. Nevertheless I had a fabulous time and enjoyed staff interaction.

San Pedro, Belize
“Eat at Robin's Kitchen every day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Delicious, cheap, maybe the best meal I had in San Pedro. The owners/cooks/wait staff are very nice. If I could recommend one place in Belize, this is it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Springboro, Ohio
“Very good... as long as you have a strong stomach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Okay, so this was an amazing place. I feel terrible even giving it less than 5 stars because the food was literally right out of the kitchen. You could tell it was made with love and soul!!

Everyone in our group loved this place. My issue was too much rum and I have a weak stomach. So that left me with not a great setup for eating local food. So please keep that in mind as I write this review :)

I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for soul food/comfort food! The chicken tasted amazing - if you love jerk chicken! The beans and rice weren't dry and the fish we had was tender and delicious.

My problems occurred the next day - so just be prepared and take some antacids if you are not used to eating such rich food! :) (I am most definitely not the right person for rich & spicy dishes!)

The best part about this place is the people. We ended up having four guys play guitar with us all evening! They were amazing singers/guitar players. The sand floors, delicious food and awesome music will be a memory I will never forget!!! :) If you are looking for a local eatery with plenty of character then this is for you. If you are weary of local food and don't like traditional Caribbean/jerk food then you won't fit in here.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank court_dpu
“Mmmmm good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

You can bring your catch of the day & no charge to cook it for you, just buy their yummy side dishes. Food was great! Nice owners. Get you beer next door. Spray your bug spray, sit back, eat, & enjoy some live island music (buy his CD as you leave if you appreciate his time & talent).

Visited February 2014
Simi Valley, California
“Robins is authentic and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just came back from Ambergis Caye and had an amazing dinner at Robin's kitchen. I read some reviews after my trip and was surprised to see ANY negative reviews. If you are the type that only does fully inclusive trips with the same generic resort in just another city, then this is not for you. It was inexpensive, tasty, and authentic. We have amazing jerk chicken, grilled fish and red beans and rice for only $50 US dollars for six people. It is a roadside cafe with four small tables and run by people that are lovely, humble, and generous to a fault. If you love travel, meeting locals, and great food, this will be a great memory and meal that will stay with you. We even grabbed some guitars and jammed with them after the kitchen closed which made our trip! Just make sure you engage with them and they will leave their wonderful mark on your trip!

• Visited June 2014