“Melody is incredibly talented”

Belizean Melody Art Gallery
Ranked #19 of 46 things to do in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: Belizean Melody Art Gallery was founded in 2008 by Melody Sanchez Wolfe a native of Ambergris Caye. It's a small art Gallery with original art work by various local artists and locally made crafts. Everything is made in Belize and unique. Melody the owner also does paint parties for adults and children you can come into the gallery and paint at the "paint bar" by appointments or join her at every Thursday at 2p.m at Crazy Canuck's. Come into the Gallery and custom order Christmas oranments, paintings, mugs, pillow cases and much more.
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I go to San Pedro on an annual basis and we purchased our first things from Melody in 2009 or so. I went in to her gallery to ask her to paint some coconuts for me and the next thing that I knew, I needed to buy a 4 x 4 painting from her. The picture is the painting and we proudly display it in our house in one of the guest rooms. Melody is incredibly talented and her gallery is full of many more things than paintings - my wife purchased jewelry and ornaments during our trip last month. If you travel to San Pedro, finding Melody's gallery is worth your time as you'll be happy to meet this very talented young lady.

1  Thank Houston_TexasMichael
"carvings"
in 3 reviews
"teacher"

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This gallery is quite a gem! I purchased several original, handmade items (sterling silver jewelry, candles, decorative accessories for the home) here for myself and to take back to loved ones as gifts.The pricing is also very reasonable. The owner(s) of the gallery are delightful people. Glen helped me while I was shopping, and was never too busy to answer any of my (frequent) questions. I would definitely go back again and would undoubtedly invite others to do the same!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had read such good reviews about this place that I made it a point to visit while in San Pedro. It is a very nice place with wonderful local art. Melody is very friendly and knowledgable.

1  Thank Travelerfromtexas1
Reviewed 12 March 2013

When my wife said lets stop in here I thought okay, more stuff. I was wrong. This is some of the best variety of art by local artisans we have found and all were worth the price. We picked up some jewelry and an ink & pen drawing of BC's by Island Dog. Melody was knowledgeable about all the pieces and other artists works and hers are absolutely beautiful. One thing I am sure of when we stop in next year it will have fresh new works instead of the same old carvings and trinkets you see all over town.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2013

When you walk thru san pedro you will notice quickly that all the street vendors selling 'local hand made' stuff, are all selling the exact same things. While some of it is in fact local, most is just crap jewelry from china. That is absolutely NOT the case with this gallery. Conveniently located on front street, this place has a little bit of everything. Tons of different styles of arts, crafts. Its easily my favorite place to shop on the island for gifts for back home. I have a giant painting the gallery owner Melody made herself; hangs high and proud in my condo. I really cant say enough good about this place. She is a VERY talented person and houses other very talented LOCAL artists.

This is a must stop in san pedro.

AC

ps. Try to ignore Jan B's ridiculous snobbish post, unbelievable. Go there yourself and you will understand why.