“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Belize Hutz
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This by far, was the worst experience of my life. I travelled solo and couldn't have imagined such a complete dump. Loud music till all hours of the night, so no sleep. Still trying to figure out if I got bit by Bot flies which leave larvae under your skin. There is mud everywhere under the rooms and flies/mosqitos everywhere. The rooms are awful. Service non existent. No bikes, no food, no sleep. Just the worst experience of my life. Do not stay here. Trust me, it is worth the extra money to stay anywhere but here. These reviews are not real either. There is no way people would review this place as a good place to stay. No way. Miles from town and golf carts are $70 US a day and there is no way you would want to walk or ride a bike from this location. No beach anywhere near this property. No restaurant, no maid service, no friendly smiling faces. This area is the worst part of town and you are living like the locals here and it is filthy. Do not stay here. Trust me. I wish someone had wrote a real review like this before we booked her. Pay the extra dollars, it is worth it. Stay at the Royal Caribbean Resort, a thousand times better or even Rubys, Corona Del Mar, Sunbreeze Hotel or Pedros if you want to save money, but not BH.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank vegaswasgreat

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Management is great at solving issues that arise. I accidentally booked my stay on a wrong date and James helped resolve the problem. You can tell he cares about the integrity of his business. I will definitely stay here when I return to San Pedro.

• Stayed January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We came here knowing the location, with the understanding there was free bikes as advertised! There wasn't! Its a good 40 mins walk each way into town. We hired bikes for the duration of our stay. We are long term travellers this added unnessary expenditure. Under all rooms there is water hence mosquito's! The room seemed to be the best one with TV. The other room we had was blank! If you stop here you need a bike! The chap in the bar is helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Just one at the back room 7
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, choosing mainly as a cheaper option compared to rest of the island. A little concerned with the bad reviews however we found Belize Hutz to be of good value. The cabins are basic with bed and private bathroom, ac, hot water, nice pool and bar area and staff to be helpful. It is a little distance away from the main drag, about 20mins walk which we did everyday, you can hire bikes or get the taxi but we didn't find it too strenuous. By the way, great bakery around the corner, "The Baker". If you are after an affordable option on San Pedro this would be it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Over the past weekend October 25 to October 27, I along with two of my closest friends stay at Belize Hutz. As we arrived we were greeted with warm at the front desk. After checking in we were escorted to our room. The staff members Joel and Teddy made it their business to ensure that we had a good time while we were at San Pedro, taking us around the island and showing us difference clubs, restaurant and social areas for locals. Never in my life have I been to a hotel where the staff took time out to ensure that we enjoy our time while at the Hutz and on the island. While at the Hutz we went swim in their tropical pool and played pool with the staff. We felt like we were the only ones there. I would recommend any1 to stay at the Hutz. The service and Food is amazing.

Room Tip: I would advise that you ask for one of the back rooms, for it is away from the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JustinClass
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Belize Hutz, the staff was great and a lot of fun.We stayed at the Hutz for 2 weeks so this review is not after a single night or weekend stay, this is after a lengthy stay.
The prices there were really good compared to most of the places in San Pedro, I found a lot of hotels that forgot they where not in North America and wanted to charge like i was in New York city. The Hutz was very clean and fair and the new owners are constantly trying to improve the place all the time. The new reno's for the upcoming season 2014 are sure to make the Hutz an even a better place than it already is.
The Hutz seemed to have a great mix of locals and travellers hanging out. In my books if the locals hang out there its probably a good choice.
In my opinion the Hutz was a great place to stay, James and Candice were great host (the managers). The only thing the Hutzs was missing was beach front property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jamesrwardvancouver, Owner at Belize Hutz, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
thank you so much for the kind words - we have been trying very hard to make sure your stay with us is comfortable and safe - hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The staff at the Hutz was very friendly. James went out his way to make sure that we were comfortable. Liz was on maternity leave but she made my reservation and very easy. I made my reservation with her when I was in Afghanistan I was really looking forward to see her in person. Me and my family enjoyed our stay. Thanks and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RACHEL W
jamesrwardvancouver, Manager at Belize Hutz, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
it is wonderful news to hear from our guests how much they enjoyed their vacation.
We listen very closely to our guests reviews and make adjustments to protect the value and reputation of Belize Hutz and the accommodation of our guests and families.