“Professional, Knowledgeable, Safe and Friendly”

Scuba School And Family Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize is a premier dive center in Belize, offering scuba lessons, local dives, Blue Hole, private charters, Blue Hole Overnight, mainland tours and much. We are a full license tour operator company that provides services throughout the country of Belize.
Reviewed 23 August 2012

JR and Yemin worked on Kim's OW Certification while I just went diving along with them.
Kim has had a prior bad experience with a dive instructor in the philippines so she has reservations and anxiety towards trying to get into diving again.

JR and Yemin work extremely well together. We felt safe and comfortable during the dives.
JR was able to get Kim comfortable during her skills tests and was able to pass them with flying colors.

As for me, I lost my friend's GoPro camera that was mounted on my head during one of the dives. When I realized it was gone, JR did not hesitate and started looking for it. This was one of the dives that had really strong current. As I watch the video, it took JR less than 2 mins to locate it. He is definitely a Master Tech Diver. No DOUBT! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief that my friend's camera isn't lost in the abyss! She won't kill me because of JR!!!

Yemin is a very calm, competent and skillful boat captain. He made sure we were safe embarking and disembarking the boat. He secured all our divegear and took care of them. He maneuvered the boat skillfully during strong currents and we did not get seasick at all. He will make an excellent Dive Instructor one day!

Kim has the diver in her.. it was JR and Yemin that got it out of her.

Thank you JR and Yemin for making our trip to San Pedro a great one!

You will know what we are talking about when you get to meet them.

1  Thank tiglao
Venancio T, General Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank you for the review, sure is great. Kim sure did great during her course. By the way nice pictures thanks for sharing them with us, along with the video. Hopefully we get you see you guys once more if you decide to visit. Say hi to Kim.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I spent a week at the Windy Cove Resort on Ambergris Caye and had the luxury of enjoying several snorkel/dive trips with Junior and his brother Yemin at the Scuba School Belize. I am a former oil rig hard hat diver and have a NAUI Instructors license too however my wife has been terrified of swimming and diving until now! I've spent years trying to get her to be comfortable in the water but it wasn't until this trip that she got to the point where SHE wanted to get in the water and these guys with their safe, calm and comfortable approach made it all happen! A bonus for everyone is that these guys are very concerned about the ecology of the reef so that it survives for all of us and our children to enjoy!
Many Thanks for making this a great trip!

Thank you for the review, am glad you guys are also concerned about the ecology about the reef, it sure speaks a lot. It was our pleasure meeting you and having such a great experience with you guys.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

JR was an excellent dive master. I was with my wife and 12 year old son (all certified) and we all felt very safe.

Thank you for the review Chris, hope to see you guys sometime soon on the island.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

On our honeymoon we experienced many adventures while staying in San Pedro. While extremely affordable, Scuba School Belize embraced us as out of town visitors and showed us the beauty of the underwater world with great care for our well being. Safety was priority #1 at all times and Junior, Reed, and Yemin were exceptionally professional and patient with our inexperience and nervousness. They have a gift for allowing you to feel safe and calm at all times. Our dives were magical and the crew had the deepest of impacts on our honeymoon. Thank you guys for everything! We will return within the year to continue our SCUBA progress and log some more dives with you all!

With Love, Steve and Megan

2  Thank Steve H

Great to know you guys had a blast with us while on your Honeymoon, thank so much for the review. Looking forward for another great experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I got certified a coupel of years ago through Scuba School Belize, with Junior Tillett. Junior is incredibly patient, thorough, and makes sure you are completely ready before taking you diving. Now, my family and I dive with Junior every time we return to San Pedro. He knows all of the best diving spots around Ambergris Caye, and he will take you anywhere you would like to go. I would highly recommend using Scuba School Belize as your diver certication school!

Thank you for the review Jenni, we really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit.