“Great Diving Experience 9/1 to 9/7”

Scuba School And Family Dive Center
Ranked #4 of 77 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize is a premier dive center in Belize, offering scuba lessons, local dives, Blue Hole, private charters, Blue Hole Overnight, mainland tours and much. We are a full license tour operator company that provides services throughout the country of Belize.
carlsbad, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience 9/1 to 9/7”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at White Sands Cove for a week and I dove several days with Jr. and Yemin. Jr. is one of the best divemasters I have been able to dive with (I have 300 dives).
I really liked how Jr and Yemin worked together to create a fun and safe adventure each and every dive. Tania took care of all our needs at the Dive office and brought us smiles each day.
I will use them on my next trip to Belize.

Dennis from Carlsbad, Ca

Visited September 2012
Venancio T, General Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you for the great review Dennis, it certainly was an awesome experience. those pictures you took are magnificent, thank you for sharing some with us. Looking forward in seeing you guys on your next trip.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The very best in Belize.”
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are NAUI Advanced Divers. We value safety, safety, and safety. We also travel to distant lands and expect A LOT. I spent hours and hours researching all of the different operations on Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. This is THE BEST dive operation I have ever experienced, hands down. The dives were executed perfect, play time was play time, and dive time was dive time. We dive nitrox and dove the most conservative computer. I couldn't have been more happy. We had a group size of 4 or 2 depending on the day, it was basically private tours for the cost of the horrible 25 person larger boats that scare all of the fish away before you can see them. While we were in belize another dive boat with one of the larger companies left two divers on the reef and didn't even notice they were gone until they showed up at the office after swimming themselves to land (miles).

This is the best place to dive with in the Cayes and here is why:
It turns out, not every dive center in belize has a dive master (Master Diver Level) leading the dives. And a lot of the time, it is some goof with An Open Water PADI cert. or advanced cert if you are lucky. SCUBA SCHOOL ONLY LEADS DIVES WITH PADI IDC INSTRUCTORS!!!!!!! If this means something to you, and you don't want someone LESS experienced than you leading the dive, this is the place.

Scuba School Belize is the best if you want to be sure that you will make it back to land AND see the most wildlife.

4 Thank Luccathefox
Venancio T, Owner at Scuba School And Family Dive Center, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you guys for the review, sure are great words. I'm glad you enjoyed your time spent with Scuba School Belize. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Brentwood, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Professional, Knowledgeable, Safe and Friendly”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

JR and Yemin worked on Kim's OW Certification while I just went diving along with them.
Kim has had a prior bad experience with a dive instructor in the philippines so she has reservations and anxiety towards trying to get into diving again.

JR and Yemin work extremely well together. We felt safe and comfortable during the dives.
JR was able to get Kim comfortable during her skills tests and was able to pass them with flying colors.

As for me, I lost my friend's GoPro camera that was mounted on my head during one of the dives. When I realized it was gone, JR did not hesitate and started looking for it. This was one of the dives that had really strong current. As I watch the video, it took JR less than 2 mins to locate it. He is definitely a Master Tech Diver. No DOUBT! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief that my friend's camera isn't lost in the abyss! She won't kill me because of JR!!!

Yemin is a very calm, competent and skillful boat captain. He made sure we were safe embarking and disembarking the boat. He secured all our divegear and took care of them. He maneuvered the boat skillfully during strong currents and we did not get seasick at all. He will make an excellent Dive Instructor one day!

Kim has the diver in her.. it was JR and Yemin that got it out of her.

Thank you JR and Yemin for making our trip to San Pedro a great one!

You will know what we are talking about when you get to meet them.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank tiglao
Thank you for the review, sure is great. Kim sure did great during her course. By the way nice pictures thanks for sharing them with us, along with the video. Hopefully we get you see you guys once more if you decide to visit. Say hi to Kim.

Bay Area, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“A friendly, safe and professional Dive service!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I spent a week at the Windy Cove Resort on Ambergris Caye and had the luxury of enjoying several snorkel/dive trips with Junior and his brother Yemin at the Scuba School Belize. I am a former oil rig hard hat diver and have a NAUI Instructors license too however my wife has been terrified of swimming and diving until now! I've spent years trying to get her to be comfortable in the water but it wasn't until this trip that she got to the point where SHE wanted to get in the water and these guys with their safe, calm and comfortable approach made it all happen! A bonus for everyone is that these guys are very concerned about the ecology of the reef so that it survives for all of us and our children to enjoy!
Many Thanks for making this a great trip!

Visited May 2012
Thank you for the review, am glad you guys are also concerned about the ecology about the reef, it sure speaks a lot. It was our pleasure meeting you and having such a great experience with you guys.

Tania
“Respected environment and our safety!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

JR was an excellent dive master. I was with my wife and 12 year old son (all certified) and we all felt very safe.

Thank you for the review Chris, hope to see you guys sometime soon on the island.