“Amazing Experience: professional and friendly”

Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize
Ranked #5 of 74 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: As PADI instructors we saw the need of a proper Scuba School that provides quality standards for the country of Belize. With the on premise POOL we can offer classes and trips from FREE TRY DIVES, to PADI Open Water certification, all the way to Dive Master. As one of the premier dive centers in Belize we stress SAFETY first whether it is local diving or open water teaching.
San Francisco, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience: professional and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

SSB is a local and seemingly family run business. The entire group was fun to work/dive with, lots of smiles and laughs. I received my PADI open-water dive certification from here. I was nervous at first but I felt very comfortable with my dive master Junior whom was extremely professional and friendly. He was also very patient when a few of us became seasick: spending less time on the surface and discreetly telling me I could throw-up through my regulator if needed when underwater (luckily I didn't). Very Eco-minded; you can tell they truly care about protecting the reef and marine life- unlike the other companies we saw feeding and handling sharks and rays at Shark Ray Ally. They did there best to communicate with me to keep me updated when few dives were moved due to rough current and wind conditions for safety purposes (which was always first before business and making money).

Visited April 2014
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hi Amy I happy to hear that you had a great time here at Scuba School Belize. It was a pleasure to have you here taking your open water course. Hope to see you soon and thanks for the great review.

London, United Kingdom
“Bubble maker experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My son tried the Bubblemaker with junior in April 2014. Junior was fabulous with him and gave all the confidence and instruction he needed. I used the school to arrange some dives for myself and they also arranged a snorkeling trip for the whole family. I can't recommend them enough. Will definitely use them again when next in San Pedro.

Visited April 2014
Hi It was a real pleasure to have teach your son his very first bubble maker. He was a great! I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time here with us at Scuba School Belize! Hope to see you soon.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Truly the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Got my open water certification here. Being a brand new diver and a bad swimmer I was super nervous but, Junior and the staff at scuba school Belize made me feel comfortable, safe and went above and beyond to meet our needs. On the very first dive I saw dolphins up close, a green turtle and spotted manta rays. Overall a great dive experience. When we come back to Belize there's no one else we go to. We love scuba school Belize!

1 Thank Karina R
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Karina, I'm happy to hear that you had a good time. Seeing dolphins and turtles as a new diver must have been such a great experience for you! It was fun to have you guys diving with us. Once again I want to thank you for a great review. Hope to see you soon!
“Attention to details!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Years ago I had a very bad experience and almost drowned in salt water, this caused me to have a bad taste in my mouth, literally, about being in salt water. Still, there was a part of me that felt I was missing out on the experience the ocean had to offer in the experience of scuba diving. It wasn't until I met Junior of Scuba School Belize that I felt comfortable enough to try to make it happen.

Junior takes the time with each new diver to make them feel comfortable and secure. He understands the anxieties most divers go through when learning to dive and he works with each diver to get them through their own anxieties and mine were extreme. I know without his professionalism and patience I would have given up.

The school is geared to take each individual as just that, an individual. The school will provide you with the gear you need to get started and has very good rental equipment. Having had experienced other operators it makes a difference when the equipment is well maintained. I really appreciate the experience Junior and his staff have provided for me and highly recommend them when you travel to San Pedro, Belize.

Visited March 2014
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here with us at Scuba School Belize. As you know safety is our first priority and keeping our divers comfortable is definitely key. We are glad you gave yourself a second chance and experienced some of what the beautiful ocean has to offer. We really appreciate you recommend us.
Thank you once more, Eric!
San Diego, California
“Scuba Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Wanted to have an in-depth and comfortable scuba training experience and received just that from Junior. He made sure that I learned what was necessary to become a certified diver while making the process enjoyable.

Look forward to many years of diving and will be certain to head back to Belize to dive via the Scuba School Belize.

Bob Gornish from San Diego

Visited May 2013
Venancio T, General Manager at Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Bob, I'm happy to hear that you had a great time here with us at Scuba School Belize. We definitely hope to see you soon. We really enjoy having you here at the dive school.