“Exceeds Expectations”

Belize Fishing with El Pescador Resort
Townsend, Massachusetts
“Exceeds Expectations”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wow, what a great flats fishing experience. Bonefish, tarpon and permit are all right there so there is an excellant chance for a "slam".The guides are familiar with the waters, techniques and flies to use. Pleasant, fluent in english they are a pleasure to spend a day on the water with. The fishing alone would bring me back, but the staff, food and facilities are the jewel in the crown. It was tempting to stay back at the resort for a day just for the experience and relaxation. I would recommend El Pescador with out reservation.

Visited March 2013

Parkville, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I made spur of the moment arrangements to fish for bones and tarpon and couldn't be happier with the choice to use El Pescador. From the moment you're greeted at the airport to your departure the staff is focused on you for a successful/pleasant experience. The guides are knowledgable and put me on a lot of fish. The room, boats, and grounds are very clean, and the food was excellent. I've fished from Alaska to the Florida Keys, in Central and South America and El Pescador is one of the best resorts I've been to.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank momagman
Mena. AR
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fly Fishing for Bones”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a very upscale resort dedicated to bone fishing with fly rods. It is headed by a team of experts, who, using experienced local guides aboard pangas take clients in pairs mostly into the backwaters of Ambergris Caye which is a lagoon to very shallow waters to wade and fish from the boats for the elusive and very exciting bonefish. It is an exhilerating experience to say the least. The resort caters to everyone from experts to beginners. There is a nice pool at the resort, it is on the beach, and the food is good, too!

Visited October 2011
Westchester, NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“worst fishing guide and unreasonable owner”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Do not under any circumstances book a day of fishing at this lodge unless you are a serious die hard bone fisherman. No matter what the weather, be it torrential rains, freezing temperatures or extremely high winds, once you book you can not cancel for any reason what so ever. The conditions I described above are exactly what we had in Belize the week we were here. We tried to cancel or at least change the date of our trip, but forget it, no luck we were stuck. Even though we gave the owner 3 days notice.There are many great reviews of this operation which is why we booked it . We made the huge mistake of booking a few days before we came down to Belize, and yes, we signed an iron clad contract with a dash of blood. My husband spoke to the owner and explained that we were coming down with my two sons who both had an interest in trying to learn to fly fish but it was likely that the boys and I (his wife) would want to have other options for fishing. We were promised that would not be a problem but when i asked our guide to take us elsewhere so we could try reef fishing i was told that he did not have the right equipment or the right bait. Even though my son and I gave advance notice that we would be using spin reels, they only had one on the boat and the guide had to go home first to get another rod.I should tell you first off that although we were in 2 different boats, we expected to stay together so we could fish as a family all day. Well the two guides (both of whom barely spoke english) went separate directions 5 mins after we hit the water and we never saw my husband and other son for the rest of the day. We drove over an hour in the freezing cold getting soaked and the guide never once asked if we were ok or wanted him to slow down so we could put on our rain gear. The best I can say is that he did find us fish, and since my son and I were both using spin reels with bait we caught many many fish. He offered no instruction or help, eventually he had us cutting up our own bait. He anchored the boat at a fishing hole (where again, there were definitely fish) and we did not move for 4 hours. No conversation, not much encouragement, thank goodness my son and I are both pretty seasoned fisherman and knew how to cast/jig etc. My husbands guide was about the same and also barely spoke a word of english. DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE, there's many many operators in town who will gladly take you and allow you to change your date or cancel if the weather is not good.

4 Thank hillbills