“Fabulous Fishing”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous Fishing”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

On our recent trip to Belize, my husband spent the day on a guided fishing trip which he booked through Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures in Montana. His guide, Sinoe, was fantastic and extremely helpful. My husband caught 22 bone fish. This trip was a one-one with the guide. Some guided trips require 2 people and a guide. The El Pescador was about a 10 minute walk down the beach from our lodging. We decided to take a test walk a few days before so my husband could gauge what time he should get there on the morning of the fishing trip. While there, we decided to take the water taxi from their dock. The owner of El Pescador was waiting for a ride in her own water taxi. She offered my husband and me a complimentary ride. My husband was extremely excited when he returned and thoroughly satisfied with his trip. He wants to return with a friend who also fly fishes.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank morganton1

Saltillo, Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“El Pescador Fly Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This was a trip planned for myself and my son. This was our first fly fishing trip and we were unsure as to what to expect. Upon our arrival, we loved the loaction and the people. I would recommend El Pescador to anyone who wishes to fly fish. The guides are true professionals and show each fisherman the attention needed. They are very knowledgable of the areas they fish along with knowing the game being pursued. Luis was our guide and we found him to be AWESOME. We learned alot. The actual resort we found to be clean beyond clean. The rooms are well kept and the grounds are also kept to the same higher standard. The staff are very friendly and if securtiy is a worry, there is definately nothing to fear. The food is INCREDIBLE. There are many other activities a person may do while at teh resort. They may coordinate trips to the Mayan ruins, shopping trips, scuba, snorkeling, tubing and just about anything else. All and all, this was a GREAT EXPERIENCE. This is highly recommended to all.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Swineslayer
Townsend, Massachusetts
“Exceeds Expectations”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wow, what a great flats fishing experience. Bonefish, tarpon and permit are all right there so there is an excellant chance for a "slam".The guides are familiar with the waters, techniques and flies to use. Pleasant, fluent in english they are a pleasure to spend a day on the water with. The fishing alone would bring me back, but the staff, food and facilities are the jewel in the crown. It was tempting to stay back at the resort for a day just for the experience and relaxation. I would recommend El Pescador with out reservation.

Visited March 2013
Parkville, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I made spur of the moment arrangements to fish for bones and tarpon and couldn't be happier with the choice to use El Pescador. From the moment you're greeted at the airport to your departure the staff is focused on you for a successful/pleasant experience. The guides are knowledgable and put me on a lot of fish. The room, boats, and grounds are very clean, and the food was excellent. I've fished from Alaska to the Florida Keys, in Central and South America and El Pescador is one of the best resorts I've been to.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank momagman
Mena. AR
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fly Fishing for Bones”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a very upscale resort dedicated to bone fishing with fly rods. It is headed by a team of experts, who, using experienced local guides aboard pangas take clients in pairs mostly into the backwaters of Ambergris Caye which is a lagoon to very shallow waters to wade and fish from the boats for the elusive and very exciting bonefish. It is an exhilerating experience to say the least. The resort caters to everyone from experts to beginners. There is a nice pool at the resort, it is on the beach, and the food is good, too!

Visited October 2011