“A great place for saltwater flats fishing!”

Belize Fishing with El Pescador Resort
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My daughter and I spent a week at the lodge fly fishing for Bonefish , Permit and Tarpon. This is the place to go if you want to catch lots of fish and enjoy a wonderful resort. Everyone of the staff is very special and will treat you like family.

2  Thank roger s

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

El Pescador, the fisherman, takes treating their guests like family seriously. Every guest is known and called by name, and not in a fake way.
I was part of a six woman's fishing expedition, and we did not all know each other in advance. The el pescador setup, with a centralized dining area, both inside and out, brought us together at mealtimes and allowed us to meet and enjoy meaningful conversations each other and with other guests whether they were there as singles or in small groups. That's what family means in this lovely place.
Ed and his staff are helpful and attentive to all needs.
The bone fishing was good, our guides cheerful, the landscape stunning. I would return in a heartbeat.

1  Thank annbowBow_Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My fly shop, Cutthroat Anglers, was fortunate to host a group of 11 to El Pescador last week. This is a place that simply never disappoints and somehow manages to get better every time I visit. From the grounds maintenance staff to the guides, you are genuinely made to feel right at home and very comfortable in their great surroundings. It was a first-time trip for my guests and everyone couldn't say enough about how great our experience was. I've been to a number of fishing lodges in Mexico and Belize (although El Pescador has a variety of other activities for non anglers), and no place provides as much value as El Pescador. Excepcional!!

1  Thank fishinrascal1
Reviewed 27 May 2013

On our recent trip to Belize, my husband spent the day on a guided fishing trip which he booked through Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures in Montana. His guide, Sinoe, was fantastic and extremely helpful. My husband caught 22 bone fish. This trip was a one-one with the guide. Some guided trips require 2 people and a guide. The El Pescador was about a 10 minute walk down the beach from our lodging. We decided to take a test walk a few days before so my husband could gauge what time he should get there on the morning of the fishing trip. While there, we decided to take the water taxi from their dock. The owner of El Pescador was waiting for a ride in her own water taxi. She offered my husband and me a complimentary ride. My husband was extremely excited when he returned and thoroughly satisfied with his trip. He wants to return with a friend who also fly fishes.

2  Thank morganton1
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This was a trip planned for myself and my son. This was our first fly fishing trip and we were unsure as to what to expect. Upon our arrival, we loved the loaction and the people. I would recommend El Pescador to anyone who wishes to fly fish. The guides are true professionals and show each fisherman the attention needed. They are very knowledgable of the areas they fish along with knowing the game being pursued. Luis was our guide and we found him to be AWESOME. We learned alot. The actual resort we found to be clean beyond clean. The rooms are well kept and the grounds are also kept to the same higher standard. The staff are very friendly and if securtiy is a worry, there is definately nothing to fear. The food is INCREDIBLE. There are many other activities a person may do while at teh resort. They may coordinate trips to the Mayan ruins, shopping trips, scuba, snorkeling, tubing and just about anything else. All and all, this was a GREAT EXPERIENCE. This is highly recommended to all.

2  Thank Swineslayer