“Had to wait almost an hour!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #141 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Gavle, Sweden
“Had to wait almost an hour!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

It was nothing wrong with the food really, just a bit small portions. But we had to wait almost an hour for our food and it was just the two of us there! It was just a bit weird.... No service minded staff at all. Just keep walking past this place and you'll get a better experience!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank olssonmalin

Portland, Oregon
“Average rotisserie chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

While others have had a lot of bad experiences with the restaurant, I found the place to be very average. The owner was friendly, the time to get our food was reasonable and the prices fair. The hummus I found was actually pretty good, but their famous rotisserie chicken was pretty dry. There's certainly nothing wrong with grabbing a meal here for lunch or dinner, but you can probably do better.

• Visited April 2014
Coldwater, Michigan
“Awesome rotiserrie chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My 7 year old grand daughter is a picky eater, and even she loved it. She also says their french fries are the best. My son had the falafel and thought it was delicious. People are friendly. But everything (except the chickens), are cooked to order, so expect to wait a little for your beans and rice.

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Strange experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stopped here for dinner on our first night in Belize. After walking for a while in the heat, we decided to try this place. The menu seemed decent, until we ordered and were told that they were out of falaffel sandwiches. We decided on the hummus platter and french fries. The food was average. I used the restroom and it seemed a bit sketchy. There was a shower in there, and no paper towels or anything to wipe your hands after you wash them. It's not a fancy place, but if you're looking for a quick bite, then this could work. I know they offer hookah, but I wouldn't recommend it. They are placed along the patio of this restaurant and don't look very clean.

• Visited March 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
“Lesson learned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Ok - like someone else who reviewed this place, we read about this restaurant in the Lonely Planet guide. Being vegetarian, I'm a big fan of middle eastern food and being that this place was close to where we were staying (Ramon's) we decided to go.

NO NO NO!!! We should have read the reviews on TripAdvisor!!!

This place was sketchy, slow and terribly overpriced. I ordered the vegetarian plate. My husband ordered the chicken. It took us nearly an hour to get our food. When it did come, there was a thin smear of hummus, thin smear of baba ganoush, green salad and cole slaw. No falafal, no tabouli. One piece of pita cut up into small pieces that my husband and I were to share. That alone cost BZ $25. No - seriously.

My husband said the chicken was dry.

We were also told about the mythical 20 take out orders as to why our food was late.
Please do yourself a favor and skip this place!

• Visited March 2014