“Best Value For Your Dollar”
Review of Banyan Bay Suites

Banyan Bay Suites
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Banyan Bay Resorts, friendly staff and wonderful front desk service. Great food at the restaurant, food service to the room, and very clean rooms. Great value for your dollar. I believe it could be the best value for your dollar on the island. I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Banyan Bay Suites

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and recently stayed 8 night here in an oceanfront suite. It was a wonderful relaxing vacation. All the good things people have said about the rooms are true. We really enjoyed the restaurant Rico's . the food was delicious, fresh and every plate was made to perfection. The soups were amazing,.....BUT MInnie the waitress WAS THE BEST WAITRESS I HAVE EVER HAD. SHE remembers your name, what you like, and has a great sense of humor. She kept us coming back..HI MINNIE, LOVE YOU !

I would skip the chicken drop though, there are some shady characters their, if you go , please
pay attention to your wallet and drink..enough said.

All in all a great vacation!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathybee888
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We enjoyed our 2 bedroom 2 bath villa with jacuzzi tub, cable TV, ceiling fans and nice private patio! Everything was very clean. It was nice to have a full kitchen, though it lacks a lot in the pans and microwaveable dishes category. We were here under a timeshare trade. Beware - there's a $40 US per day electricity surcharge - payable up front! We probably used that much electricity running the A/C, as it was very hot and humid while we were here. Pool was clean and sparkling! Grounds are excellently maintained - with falling leaves and washed up sea grass cleaned up daily. The resort has it's own beach, dive shop (excellent) and restaurant (also excellent.) Grocery store and bakery are right around the corner - so you could stay the entire week without going into town. Getting into town is easy - cab, or free bicycles or pricey golf cart. It was nice being out of the hustle and noise of town! Only big drawback - no washer and dryer on site; sending laundry out was very pricey. There is an on-site spa - which we didn't use.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent a week at Banyan Bay in an ocean front two bedroom villa. The villa was very spacious and clean. We are divers and used the dive shop at Banyan Bay. It is very convenient and all of the employees were friendly. Ian was our dive master and was not only knowledgeable but enjoys underwater photography and took a lot of pictures of our dive. The hotel staff was very helpful. We had a full breakfast each morning and some lunches and dinners. We enjoyed every meal. The view is of course gorgeous and the grounds are well maintained. The small negative is Banyan Bay and is maybe a mile south of town so most times we spent the $5 US for a taxi into the city, which was well worth it, but the walk is not bad either if you want to see the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geoff8815
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Overall
- I would definitely stay here again.
- Two bedroom suites are large enough for two couples to be very comfortable, as there is a full kitchen and two baths
- Nice and quiet, but not secluded as the walk into town is short and you can walk from the beach
- Didn't have a luxury feel to it, but relative to the other properties we walked by, the quality was top-notch for San Pedro

A friend and I traveled here together one March (not 2013), and I have to say we were treated very well by the staff and stayed at excellent accommodations. We share a two-bed suite with a complete kitchen and two full baths. I cooked only once but found the utensils, pots, stove, dishes, silverware, etc. to be more than sufficient for what I made. There was a nice-sized patio in front of our room, where you could sit and relax.

For the price, the bed was very comfy and the room was spacious (I'm a scuba diver and found plenty of room for my gear, suitcase, clothes and toiletries, and more than adequate room to walk around my room after all that; my friend, an avid fisherman, had plenty of space for all his fishing gear as well in his room), and the staff took extra care of us.

I decided to join my friend in Belize after he had initially booked the resort, so we had booked our flights separately and ended up on two different airlines. The day we left New York, there was a huge snowstorm, so my flight was delayed while my friend's was canceled. After airline delays, I ended up arriving the day after I was supposed to get there, having to overnight in Charlotte, while my friend did not arrive until 1.5 days after me! As the room was in his name, the staff at the resort were more than happy to allow me to check in before my friend arrived. They were very sympathetic to our trip which had been cut short a bit, though I must say they didn't offer us anything. I realize the circumstances that led to our shorter vacation was no fault of theirs and certainly didn't merit additional special attention, but it would have been a nice gesture, and I haven't discredited them at all for that.

It felt like a large property but definitely not over-crowded and the walk along the beach into town was pleasant and short. Lots of food options nearby, including a small grocery store, with equally friendly staff and service throughout.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Carol8131111
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spent 7 days in a suite just steps from the sand. Suite was super clean with more than enough room, Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Ate dinner and breakfast at Rico's a few times, it was tasty and reasonably priced. Spent a lot of time at the pool, love those dirty banana drinks!!

We all fell in LOVE with Belize, wouldn't hesitate to return to Banyan Bay. We couldn't be any happier with our accommodations and the super friendly staff!

Room Tip: Loved our clean front room, super quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Strandslover59
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here many times. It is really a time share place. There are many things they dont tell you like there are towels at the desk, breakfast is included and even though you are in a rental there is housekeeping. Very relaxing, close to town, nice little beach, nice staff and restaurant.... there are a lot of options to the rooming and all are very spacious... some are outdated but other owners keep them up nice.

Room Tip: you dont have to to on the beach view to have a nice room but the beach is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family