We stayed at Banyan Bay (Ocean View) for 1 week. We really enjoyed our visit. The suite was spacious, nicely furnished, and clean. The grounds were well maintained. The pool inviting and clean. The beach was very well maintained. It is 1.5miles from downtown San Pedro which we liked; quiet. Good exercise to walk. You can get a golf cart but why
not walk (if you are able)? There are alot of activities for teens and adults; many of which
I think would be hard or uninteresting to young children (such as inland trips to ruins,
Rico's (onsite restaurant) is reasonably priced for a "resort" and in fact was a good
value for breakfast and lunch. The food quality was very good.
Staff and locals seemed genuinely friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.
Do not expect to really use the water at the beaches. While beautiful, the bottom is
mostly grass covererd and un-inviting at almost all areas. Some of the resorts (such as Xanadu and Ramon's) have cleared out some small swimming areas.
The only annoying thing was the water-craft (kayaks and sailboat) were not available.
We had planned on using them and had called to confirm they would be available when
we made our reservation, but weren't. As it turned out we were too busy with other
activities to create a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the beach less than a mile from downtown San Pedro, Banyan Bay Suites offers a great getaway from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. Featuring 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms poolview and beachfront suites and 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms beachfront suites, with kitchen fully equipped and central air conditioned. Spa is available onsite. A 3-level fresh water pool. Pier 366 Seafood House located by the beach offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. A full service diveshop onsite, that can help in your diving and snorkeling activities. A tour desk that can help in fishing and trips to the mainland including the Mayan temples, ziplining, cave tubing and the Belize Zoo. Banyan Bay Suites is the perfect resort for activities or relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Bay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Banyan Bay Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel At Banyan Bay
- Resort At Banyan Bay
- Banyan Bay Suites Belize/San Pedro