El Pescador Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$142
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$240
Hotels.com
Mayan Princess Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Beachfront
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$168
  • Pool
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$149
El Secreto(San Pedro)
US$521
US$500
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$141
US$430
US$414
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$224
All reviewsfly fishinggreat fishingfishing lodgefamily stylegrand slamfishing directorcasting lessonssalt waterother guestsguided fishingrecommend elfly shopfishing storiesvisited elbone fishlodge roomscaught bonefish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Similar to some of the other reviewers, this was a father and son trip. My son and I first came here 2 years ago for our annual fishing trip. The only reason we didnt come back last year is that we wanted to fish North last year. Needless to say, when it came time to go south, we chose El Pescador again.

The resort is on Ambergris Caye which is a popular island in Belize but the resort is still fairly remote and is accessible mainly by boat. The rest of the island is accessible by water taxi but we never had reason to venture away from the resort.

The arrival process is painless. Once you take the puddle jumper to Ambergris Caye, they will meet you at the small airport and get you to the boat. When we arrived, we were greeted by Steve and his team, its a very nice and warm feeling to be greeted by name as you climb onto the dock.

I would highly recommend the all inclusive package. Having gone to other fishing lodges, its not expensive and what you get is well worth it, plus I hate being nickled and dimed and you wont feel any of that here. All meals and most drinks (except some liquors) were included. The meals were excellent. We had breakfast and dinner at the resort everyday. For lunch (assuming you are fishing), you fill out an order form the night before for lunch, snacks and drinks and they have it waiting for you in a cooler on your boat.

The rooms are very simple but lets face it, its a fishing lodge and for us, I was happy that rooms did not have a TV or phone. Each night's sleep was awesome, maybe it wouldn't matter where I slept after 8+ hours of fishing but the beds were great, on par with high tier hotels in that they were firm and comfortable, not hard but not saggy either.The bathrooms are also simple but very clean and nothing lacking. They provide you with a pitcher of water in the room for drinking. During your orientation on arrival, they tell you the piped water doesnt taste very good but is safe.

The "bar" has a pool table, a fuse ball table and is where many people hang out after fishing while waiting for dinner and afterwards. But it is a family geared location and kids drink soda and play the games.

As for fishing, the guides are well good and friendly. It seems most have been there for a while and everyone seemed happy with their guides. They do have instructional sessions in the afternoon before dinner and my son became more comfortable using the fly rod/reel.

This year, we added another day of fishing (4 total days of fishing) which I think was perfect for us. It wasnt too long but there were enough days to compensate for a few bouts of weather that we encountered which were all short lived. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank srk3465
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Enjoyed a fabulous trip to EL Pescador in June. Stayed four nights and fished three days. The staff is wonderful, the Villa was very comfortable, and the fishing and food outstanding. I am already planning a return trip for this fall!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My teenage son and I took a 5-day fishing trip to El Pescador. What a great experience! We fly fished on the flats with a guide for four days and caught more bonefish than we could count. We saw many schools of permit, but only hooked-up one and didn't manage to get him to the boat. We saw many large tarpon and countless schools (4-6 fish) of smaller tarpon. We had eight takes, jumped three, and got one to the boat. A very exciting fishing trip.

We stayed in the main lodge. Two double beds and a large bathroom with shelves and a closet rod. Very comfortable with pleanty of room for two. The meals are served outside or in the dining room. Not fancy but very good. The pool was terrific after a long day of fishing.

There were several honeymooners there during our stay, but I cannot imagine my wife being content there. This is not a 5 star resort. It is a very comfortable fishing or diving vacation. Since she doesn't fish or dive, there wouldn't be a lot for her to do. However, I highly recommend it for a fishing destination for a father/son team!

Room Tip: I suspect any accomodations would be great. El Pescador is very quit and laid back. Noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GregMorgan
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed in the Private Villas, Beautiful three bedroom three bath getaway. Everyone at the resort is more than friendly and outgoing. Meet plenty of new people filled with lots of interesting stories but still had our privacy when we wanted it with a short walk over to our Villa. Great Food which is served in a community dining room allowing all guests to share there story from what they did that day and help you in choosing a new cool activity for tomorrow. Fishing guides are unmatched anywhere in the country they know the water like the back of their hand, diving with Alonzo is like diving with another fish on the reef, I am counting the days until I can go back and get my Grand Slam followed by a green Caribbean with my feet dipping in the pool. What a great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We came to El Pescador for my husband's 50th birthday. It was our second time here...our first was to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Christine, Steve, Ali and Alonzo made sure every need and want was met. We were in a beautiful villa overlooking the sea and the barrier reef. The food was outstanding and the service exceeded our expectations. The fishing guide, Luis, made sure my husband and son caught the Tarpon they wanted for the trip. I cannot say enough about the management and staff at El Pescador. Everything about the resort was perfect.

Room Tip: Excellent, private.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family