Writing this review sitting in the airport on the way home from our first trip to El Pescador- already miss it and are planning the return. One of the most comfortable, relaxing and welcoming vacations we have ever had.
Getting there: we booked the all inclusive package, and EP coordinated the hopper flights and picked us up at the dock. With a cold beer. Steve welcomes you at the dock and gets you acquainted with the staff, who instantly make you feel like part of the family.
Fishing: this was our first saltwater fly fishing trip, and Lori Ann and the guide ( thanks Kechu !! )did a phenomenal job of helping us with technique. More than 30 bonefish and 2
permit for the week, with many other fish sighted. Fishing lunches were part of the package, so we had everything we needed for the day with no prep on our part.
Accommodations: we stayed in the lodge- clean and comfortable with a great view of the water. Comfy beds- great after a long day on the water.
Food: fantastic, simple, local and American cuisine. Breakfast ready at 5:30 AM so you can eat before fishing- eggs, huevos rancheros, fresh baked bread, and truly awesome bacon. Dinners are served family style, giving a great chance to meet the rest of the guests.
Selection like lobster tails, fajitas, jerk pork, filet mignon- and homemade dessert every night. Get the meal package, you will not regret it.
Really a special place to vacation. If you're a fisherman, truly a paradise. If you're looking for a great home base to explore Belize, dive, shop and relax, paradise as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro