We recently returned from an amazing stay at El Pescador. The people, the property, the food, the guides, the accommodations, the fishing, the other guests, the professionals, the owners, the dogs the commaraderie, all exceeded our expectations. From Ricardo who ferried us to the resort, to our greeting on the dock by Marlin, Judy and Marisette in the front office, Mariano in the bar/lounge, Raina in the dining room, Rosario in the massage room, Luis, Bud's fishing guide, Laurie Ann and Ed the most wonderful and accessible fishing professionals, Ali and Alonzo owners, Max & Nala happy dogs, and all the other family of employees who took care of us, cooked for us, waited on us, served us, brought us bikes or kayaks, made a repair, raked the beach, smiled and greeted us, it was a first class experience. If you are an angler, know an angler, love an angler or just like to hang out with anglers, this is the place to be. We couldn't be happier to have vacationed here. Even though I did not fish, from start to finish this was one of our best trips EVER! Thank you for creating such a wonderful and memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro