“Wonderful Wedding!”

Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wonderful Wedding!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have to say that the staff at El Pescador were absolutely amazing!! . They were able to accommodate almost 30 guests with ease. The food is top notch as well as the everyday experience of the lodge. We had a mixed group of anglers and non anglers and no one ever said that they felt like they had nothing to do. The extra trips that El Pescador arranged for us were just as great as the lodge( Zip lining and cave tubing). My wedding day was relaxed and stress free!! They made sure that everything was set up and ready, all i did was show up in a dress! We plan in coming back in the future knowing that they exceeded our expectations in every way!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Megan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I will definitely be planning another trip to visit El Pescador fishing lodge in the future! The staff was amazing and the lodge was perfect there is not one thing I would change! It was great while the boys would be out fishing there was plenty for the women to do!

• Stayed January 2013
boston, ma
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at El Pescador for 5 days and would have stayed longer if we could have. First off the staff or "family" as they are referred are absolutely wonderful. Nothing can't be taken care of, any question can be asked. Judy and Marlin were so sweet and helpful and the owners and fishing staff were knowledgeable and always accessible.

The resort, while not glamourous, was very clean comfortable and beautiful. My husband and i used the complimentary bikes daily and rode up and down the beach and really did not see a resort that had all el pescador has to offer. Close enough to town (20 min bike ride) but private and secluded. The 3 pools are large and very nice and never crowded. We also took the complimentary kayaks out for a couples hours and got to weave in and out of the reef and observe a dolphin family.

Our room was in the main lodge, was clean and very comfortable. Again this isnt a high luxury hotel its about being outside doing things but regardless our rooms were great.

The FOOD!! We opted to go all inclusive and i would highly recommend it, the food is great. some of the other guests choose not to thinking they would go into town and then ended up eating all there meals at the resort. The breakfast menu and lunch menu were great, had everything you could want and they will cater to requests. Dinner, while it is set, changes every night and is amazing! You do eat dinner family style at a set time, but it was great to meet all the other guests (one night there were 50ppl and other nights 10) and make new friends. Knowing how accommodating the resort is im sure if you wanted to do a romantic thing im sure they'd help you work it out. The bar has everything, and while the inclusive package only includes local rums and beer, they bartenders have a fun cocktail menu and we were never tempted to get anything not on it. Green Caribbeans and Pain Killers!

My husband loved the fishing (bonefish), and while im not great at it, belize is so beautiful and they really cater to your level so we had a great time and spent the entire day out! Snorkeling was so much fun, the wildlife is really the highlight.

We were never bored, this place is great for families, couples or friend groups. You are so comfortable and feel at home, we never wanted to leave! We will be framing the fantastic painting we were given as a wedding present!

Room Tip: we were just 2 and got a rather large suite (2 bedrooms) so call and clarify. the villas are more se...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lfaison
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My fishing partner and I had a tremendous time at El Pescador despite 35+ knot winds every day. The facility is in great shape with large, comfortable rooms and excellent food. The staff, who all come from a Belize mountain village called Valley of Peace) were the highlight of the stay. Within 2 hours of arrival, we were greeted by name at every turn. Lauri-Ann (head of the fishing guide staff) was very knowledgable and helpful. Our guide Cesar was as good as I've ever had and far better than most. Even in challenging conditions we found fish and probably saw 200+ permit (landed 5 - not bad given the wind). This is a first-rate operation and we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2-bed lodge room above the dining room. Very quiet and close to 5:00am coffee.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I can't say enough about my recent stay at El Pescador. The management has done an excellent job at creating an inviting, family atmosphere, and every member of the staff knows you by name. The accommodations were comfortable, the location is ideal, and the variety of activities makes it easy to find something to do. While I was there primarily to fish, I also took a snorkeling trip that lodge arranged for me. It was great fun, and next time I want to bring my family. Lorianne has done a great job organizing the fishing, and my guide Caesar was outstanding. I will definitely ask for him next time I come. When I wasn't fishing with a guide, I didn't have trouble finding bonefish on the flats in front of the lodge or in the lagoon behind the lodge. I was able to explore this area by borrowing one of the lodge's fishing kayaks. Ali, Chris , and Steve were all very attentive hosts, and you can tell they take pride in El Pescador. I highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank JonL8
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I had a great time and the staff were very helpful. It truley is an all-inclusive resort with many opportunites to do both land and sea adventures. I was there to go fishing and we had an excellent guide (Raton). He was patient with me as I was not a very experienced fly fisherman. In the three days I fished I caught plenty of Bonefish. In the evenings all the guests would sit around the dinner table outside and swap stories. Its just a great atmosphere and not pretentious at all. The fishing director, Lori Ann is excellent and very helpful in fine tuning your cast. Accomodations are neat and clean, but not overly spacious. But we hardly were in our room at all. The food was excellent all the way from breakfast to dinner to midnight snacks! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Keith H
houston
Reviewed 14 January 2013

What a great week for our family at El Pescador! We stayed in villa 3 and loved the spacious living areas and bedrooms. Beds were comfortable, A/C worked great, and all the staff were outstanding. From Marlin and Judy in the office to the fishing guides - Luis, Raton and Jerry's famous snorkeling, fishing and beach lunch, everyone we encountered was friendly, kind and informative. The breakfasts and lunches were great with plenty of choices. Dinner was well prepared. We ate dinner two nights at the resort and other evenings walked or took a water taxi to town. My husband and son learned to fly fish and Lauri-Ann, the fishing director, was always there to great us upon return from fishing.

All in all very relaxing, fun and full of new experiences.

Room Tip: Choose a villa or villa room because they have refrigerators in them.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family