My wife & daughter & I booked a family vacation to El Pescador Resort for a 8 day stay this last March. Day 1- We arrived it was really windy & raining but HOT, we are from Colorado. The first night the power was out and we had no AC in our room:( Since it was windy and the fishing was not good the fisherman were hitting the bar hard, we were kept up most of the first night :(
Day 2 - We left on a excersion at 7am, breakfast was at 6 am after being kept up most of the night. That day was fun we saw the ruins. "paid for out of pocket." My daughter wanted to swim in the ocean but you really could not swim anywhere by the resort due to the trash and debree along the shore, to get out to the reef you would need to book an excersion to get out to the reef. Between the shore and the reef it is a highway of boats so you can't just swim out their. We expressed our concerns about the lodge not really being a family friendly spot, but more of a mans fishing lodge. Steve the owner said he would refund our remaining stay. Paying $910.63 /day with out excersions, we told him we did want to leave and left the next morning, staying 2 nights total. We received a refund of $1779.60 out of $7285.00
I would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro