We just returned from El Pescador where we were married last Saturday the 21st. Joining us were 35 of our closest friends and family- none of whom had ever been to Belize. My concern was that, although we are fans of the heat and charming quirks of the country, that many of our guests would not find it so palatable. El Pescador SO EXCEEDED OUR HOPES AND EXPECTATIONS (which are VERY high to begin with) that no one wanted to leave. The staff was more attentive than any resort I have experienced in Belize. Charming, affable...very accomodating.
Our villa was lovely- as was my mom's, sisters, friends, we all had villa envy!!!
The food was the best I had ever had in the country (been to Belize 6 times). Our welcome dinner was a beautiful buffet of the freshest seafood, chicken, lovely breads, beans, vegetables, and so many options. Our wedding dinner was better than I have had at any wedding I can remember (we did surf and turf).
All of our excursions were organized, timely, well managed, and FUN ( I went on the snorkeling catamaran)!!!
My niece (13years old) even got certified during all of this! The onsite dive master took such care with her- she has such a sense of accomplishment.
My Uncle fly-fished and said that the guide was incredible.
All in all, I would suggest El Pescdor to anyone- whether looking for the best diving, snorkeling, fishing, or just great service, atmosphere and accommodations (or wedding!!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro