To start with, I'm a fly fisherman, so El Pescador was my first choice on Ambergris because I knew their guides were first rate and that was one of my main reasons for coming. I have been able to fish with nearly all of them over the course of multiple trips there...and I would recommend any of them and the diversity of fishing in the area...and I used to be a fishing guide myself. Nuff said about their excellent fishing, but what really makes the difference for me at El Pescador is what the rest of my family can do as well. There are so many activities right at the lodge and some that are just a short boat or plane ride from the lodge that an entire family can keep busy for a couple of weeks. Kayak, bike, hike, visit ruins, sailing, shopping in San Pedro, beachcomb, tubing rivers, the zoo, and of course, diving with the lodge's own divemaster Alonzo who knows every nook and cranny of the reef are just a few of the many things you can do. Finally, the fresh local foods prepared by the lodge are incredible, and both the historic lodge rooms and the newer villas are very comfortable...but what really ties everything together is the great people there. The employees, management and owners at El Pescador from top to bottom are there to make your trip the best...every day...every time you come. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro