“Totally relaxed”

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Richmond, VA
“Totally relaxed”
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My wife and I just left El Pescador and we are sad we had to leave. It is one of the only places I have ever been that we were able to totally relax. The staff, food, villas, activities, and Zeus and Nala (dogs) were all awesome. We already have plans to return in 2009 with the entire family.

Two thumbs up on everything. The only recommendation we had for Steve was to train the bonefish around the dock to at least nibble on a hook.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2008

This was honestly the first vacation I have taken and left everything at home and was truly able to relax.
The accommodations, the entire staff, the cuisine and the view were all over the top.
As a fly fishing resort it's considered the best ...the guides were most knowledgeable and the guests were well match with their guides. (My lefty guide was perfect, of course he could cast righty too!) As for the non fly fishing folks...they were just as taken with the El Pescador! FYI...the best massage in the America's :)
The kayaks and bike that were available were perfect for side adventures.
Antonio...the dear bar tender, took your happiness (very seriously) into his own hands. There was never a sad moment!
The friendly atmosphere that exudes from the eclectic staff, trickles down through the guests and we were all family within 24 hours. Looking back...I have never hugged or kissed other guests from a vacation destination on our departure...it all seemed so normal.
We will return...probably before the years end....as were the thoughts of the other guests.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — nothing...if I were forced I'd say lack of a bath tub
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Wonderful trip. Perfect place to relax. People are incredibly friendly and accomodating. Very relaxed friendly atmosphere with breathtaking views, beautiful comfortable accomodations and the ability to do lots or nothing!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Wyoming
Reviewed 30 July 2008

To start with, I'm a fly fisherman, so El Pescador was my first choice on Ambergris because I knew their guides were first rate and that was one of my main reasons for coming. I have been able to fish with nearly all of them over the course of multiple trips there...and I would recommend any of them and the diversity of fishing in the area...and I used to be a fishing guide myself. Nuff said about their excellent fishing, but what really makes the difference for me at El Pescador is what the rest of my family can do as well. There are so many activities right at the lodge and some that are just a short boat or plane ride from the lodge that an entire family can keep busy for a couple of weeks. Kayak, bike, hike, visit ruins, sailing, shopping in San Pedro, beachcomb, tubing rivers, the zoo, and of course, diving with the lodge's own divemaster Alonzo who knows every nook and cranny of the reef are just a few of the many things you can do. Finally, the fresh local foods prepared by the lodge are incredible, and both the historic lodge rooms and the newer villas are very comfortable...but what really ties everything together is the great people there. The employees, management and owners at El Pescador from top to bottom are there to make your trip the best...every day...every time you come. I'll be back.

• Liked — People
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank fishonWyoming
pinedale, wyoming
Reviewed 16 July 2008

For our third trip to El Pescador, we rented one of the villas on the property and found our trip in this case to be the same excellent, high quality, customer-oriented, friendly, and memorable experience it was the first two times we visited. The help we received when booking, the service when we were met at the airport, the water taxi to the property, and the warm greeting when we arrived set the stage for what you will find to be a truly top-notch destination. This family-owned, family-operated resort puts its guests first. If you have a question, they will answer; if you have a concern, it will promptly be addressed; if you need advice, your situation will be carefully considered when an a recommendation is given. The accommodations were fabulous (the view from the villas is to-die-for!), the food is authentic and very good, the service is polite and friendly, the fishing is excellent (nothing like permit on a fly!), and the experience as a whole makes it one of our favorite places. We'll return for a fourth time, no question!

• Liked — Warm and friendly service; great views of beach;
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Wow, what a great stay!! We loved El Pescador, as did our 4 kids! We loved the staff who made our stay so comfortable, Ali, chris and Steve were wonderful. And Marlin, in the office took care of every need! We went to Altun Ha to see ruins, which were fantastic. My 13 year old was certified in scuba while we were there. Alonzon, the dive master was so great with her! We did the catamaran snorkle day trip and everyone had a blast! No one was bored!! Food was great, villa's were perfect for a big family! I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We just returned from El Pescador where we were married last Saturday the 21st. Joining us were 35 of our closest friends and family- none of whom had ever been to Belize. My concern was that, although we are fans of the heat and charming quirks of the country, that many of our guests would not find it so palatable. El Pescador SO EXCEEDED OUR HOPES AND EXPECTATIONS (which are VERY high to begin with) that no one wanted to leave. The staff was more attentive than any resort I have experienced in Belize. Charming, affable...very accomodating.
Our villa was lovely- as was my mom's, sisters, friends, we all had villa envy!!!
The food was the best I had ever had in the country (been to Belize 6 times). Our welcome dinner was a beautiful buffet of the freshest seafood, chicken, lovely breads, beans, vegetables, and so many options. Our wedding dinner was better than I have had at any wedding I can remember (we did surf and turf).
All of our excursions were organized, timely, well managed, and FUN ( I went on the snorkeling catamaran)!!!
My niece (13years old) even got certified during all of this! The onsite dive master took such care with her- she has such a sense of accomplishment.
My Uncle fly-fished and said that the guide was incredible.
All in all, I would suggest El Pescdor to anyone- whether looking for the best diving, snorkeling, fishing, or just great service, atmosphere and accommodations (or wedding!!).

• Liked — Location, staff, food, accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing not to like
  • Stayed June 2008