The wind and the intermitten clouds were difficult for fishing but the Guides were great. It's like getting a private lesson in fly casting. We learned so much. The food was amazing, everything made from scratch and so tasty. We went on the Mayan Tour, spend the money and take the airplane it was an amazing ride. The scenery was beautiful and you land in the middle of the sugar cane fields! Snorkling was amazing and I got to pet a shark and hold a stingray. The town of San Pedro was an experience, we chose to get there by golf cart, very fun. But my favorite part of the trip was the staff at El Pescadore. They were fun, happy, and informative. They went out of their way to make sure you were happy and had everything you needed (Thank you Judy!) I enjoyed the interaction with them every day and I miss them all already. Byron, I miss those "green drinks"! Staying at a lodge that specializes in fishing starts everyone off with something in common to talk about making happy hour and dinner a fun time to share fishing stories or even stories about the other day trips. Because this is a fishing lodge and there is so much interaction with the guests, I do think this is a place to stay if fishing is the main reason for visiting Ambergris Caye.
We hope to visit again soon El Pescadore Family, and thank you all very much for a wonderful 2 weeks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro