This place is top notch. As for fishing there is nothing to be said, they are the best. My wife and I went here on our honeymoon. We love the outdoors and adventures. The excursions were great and exactly what we were looking for. The scuba diving is great and their instructor is top notch and made it very enjoyable for a couple of first timers. We went fly fishing one day and had a great time. They paired us with a great guide who was patient and thoughtful as we learned how to cast a fly. We both caught bone fish on the fly as well as with conventional gear. The trip up the river to the Mayan ruins was awesome!!! We also did a fishing trip for jacks with no success, but the fresh caught (by me and guide) lobster lunch on the beach was the best food of the week. The lodge itself is old but a great value if you are strictly fishing. We stayed in one of the villas. They are top notch. Great privacy for the honeymoon. The rooms are not "5 start" but that is not really our style anyway. The pool is great, and while the fisherman our out fishing we had the run of the lodge. Although we were usually out enjoying things.
The staff is amazing. The place is clean and very well kept. They will fulfill your every request. Dinner at the villa instead of family style for a more romantic setting to food just the way you want it. The "open bar" is great and the bar tender is super fun and inviting. The staff really make the place.
The beach is not really great because of the reef. But we are not really sit on the beach and be lazy kind of people anyway.
Love the place and can not wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro