“Welcomed back!”

Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Tennessee
“Welcomed back!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We were looking for a place in town to stay for a couple of days before we headed up north to a more remote location. We had stayed at the Sunbreeze a few years ago, so I decided to check and see if they by chance had rooms available. They responded so quickly back to my email and because we were repeat customers, they gave us a really good price break. Every time I emailed back with questions, they were answered very quickly. The location is great...just across the street from the airport. No probllem getting us and our luggage to the hotel. We were greeted immediately, and even though it was early in the day , our rooms were already avaialble. We dropped off our luggage and headed directly to BC's Beach Bar. I had even asked if they could get us some Belikins delivered so we'd have some cold and waiting for us, and sure enough, they were already in the room. As mentioned before, the location is stellar! We walked to our favorite restaurants and shops within minutes. It was nice to be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Only stay here if you want to be eaten by mosquitoes in your room all night long. I finally slept at the pool where I didn't get any bites, because apparently my room was infested with mosquitoes. It had a screen that didn't fit the window properly, which is possibly how they got in? Plus, the air conditioner was leaking onto the bed with standing water on the floor under the bed, probably were they were breeding. Old water stains on the sheets indicating the air conditioner had been leaking for a while, with poor maintenance. When I pleaded with the manager for a refund on this night, as they finally got me to a room that was not infested, she was very unwilling to give me any sort of compensation for the miserable 1st night, basically saying she did not believe me. It took me two days just to get a meeting with the manager because they kept telling me she is not on the property. I tried contacting the owner, but apparently he doesnt care about an unhappy customer either, so I am working with AMEX now and just letting others know to beware of this place & douse yourself with bug spray before you get into bed here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank reese1111
Palm City, FL
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The other reviewers are right on about this place. Literally a 50 yard walk from the Tropic Air counter to the front desk, made a very easy transition. Only stayed here one night as we chartered a catamaran out of San Pedro for the week, but was perfect for our needs. Located very close to the TMM charter office and within walking distance of all the stores we used for provisioning. Only complaint was a lack of water pressure in the shower (one of those ultra low flow heads). The AC worked great and the beds were comfortable. Ate at the restaurant and enjoyed both the food and the view. Tried Elvi's restaurant in town on Friday night which was there Mayan buffet, all in all pretty solid. Try Estel's just down the beach to the north for breakfast... excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChangesInLatitudes33
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The property was well taken care of, neat, open and inviting. The service was fantastic. If you had a need, it was fulfilled. The staff was very friendly and curteous.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This was our second trip to SunBreeze and highly recommend the resort. The rooms are very spacious and immaculately clean. The resort property is beautifully landscaped and immaculately maintained. We can't say enough about the staff. Everyone is so friendly and courteous. The location is great -- directly across the street from the airport and everything is close by. It's a quick walk into town for meals and shopping. We are scuba divers and the dive shop, dive staff, and dive masters are the best. We will be returning again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scubasue7448
Wichita Falls, Texas, USA
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The best massage I have ever had was right there in the SunBreeze Hotel lobby. Char Perisho did a wonderful job of relaxing my knotted muscles. Her prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: The way to get a good price is to ask questions
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Tx
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This is the place I always stay when coming to San Pedro. Once you stay here you will understand. You walk right out of the airport and straight into the front doors of this resort. The huge covered outdoor dining area provides beautiful views of the ocean, palm trees, boats, etc.The outdoor bar is a central location for guests to meet, mingle, and plan their night activities or the next day's activities. The pool is huge. I believe it is a saltwater pool or it seems like I read somewhere it is a spring feed pool. Anyway, I don't smell chlorine so it is really nice. Plenty of chairs to lay around and catch up on the latest book. They have onsite diving and snorkeling. They can also plan any excursion you need. You can get a massage or pedicure right there on site.

The outdoors area is being cleaned, raked, swept, and mopped while you sleep and looks so beautiful in the morning. These people definitely take pride in their resort.

Central to the town you can just walk up the alley to go shopping. Walk down the beach to pick a new restaurant.

The food at Sunbreeze is wonderful. I have a grown daughter who is a very picky eater. She loves and Cinnamon French Toast and says the Chicken fingers are best in the world. I tried the chicken fingers and she is right, it is the seasoning that is so good.

You will miss this place when you are gone, and will immediately start making plans to return. I brought my grown children this time, and they also loved it a made a lot of new friends.

The bartender Jaime (or nickname squeaky) is very friendly and sociable. Ryan was a very helpful bellboy. Jerome, Chip, Israel, and Gionvanni were fantastic guides for all the snorkeling and diving we did.

Floricel at the front desk was always so sweet and accommodating.

This place is like my "unwind, get away from the rat race" home away from home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family