1,212 results
All reviewsthe blue water grillsun breezebluewater grilldive shopdirectly across the streettropic air terminalnice poolambergris diversclose to the airportperfect locationdeluxe roomin towndive triphotel groundsonsite restaurantrestaurants and shopsrooms are large
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Walking up to the Sunbreeze Hotel, you see a large, nondescript white building; entering the doors, you pass by two stores, one offering massages, the other art. You don't really get the feel of a tropical hotel until you get the rear courtyard, where you are greeted with palm trees, a pool, a rack of bicycles, a view of the beach and a restaurant. When you get to your room, you will find a tile floor, great air conditioning and little mosquito bodies flatten against the wall.
The bed was extremely comfortable and very welcomed upon returning after a long day out in San Pedro. The shower was weak, but was enough to get clean. Only one day did I encounter some brown come out of the faucet, but it quickly cleared up.
Comfort: Beds were just right, sheets a little stiff; seating was on cushioned wicker seats and temperature was controlled by an air conditioner and ceiling fans.
Quality: Staff was attentive and did everything to help me have a pleasant stay.
Issues: The shower was weak and would take some time to get to temperature. You can expect one or two mosquitoes in the room, as they most likely come in with you.
Cost: In comparison to most of the other similar properties, you will find the SunBreeze to actually be well worth what you pay.
Convenience: The airport is just across the street (you do not hear it from your room), the town is just about a hundred yards from either the front door or the beach. Most tour companies can pick you up at the hotel's dock.
Return: Yes, they have earned my loyalty.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms (I was in 107), as it's angle makes it a little larger.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I must say that our time spent at the SunBreeze Hotel was everything that we expected.
The service was first rate, friendly and polite. Our room was updated and clean. The restaurant & bar were well managed and the food was quite good. This is the first time that my wife didn't want to go home,well maybe the Island also had something to do with it.
Stephen&Melissa Pendas.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We were looking for a place in town to stay for a couple of days before we headed up north to a more remote location. We had stayed at the Sunbreeze a few years ago, so I decided to check and see if they by chance had rooms available. They responded so quickly back to my email and because we were repeat customers, they gave us a really good price break. Every time I emailed back with questions, they were answered very quickly. The location is great...just across the street from the airport. No probllem getting us and our luggage to the hotel. We were greeted immediately, and even though it was early in the day , our rooms were already avaialble. We dropped off our luggage and headed directly to BC's Beach Bar. I had even asked if they could get us some Belikins delivered so we'd have some cold and waiting for us, and sure enough, they were already in the room. As mentioned before, the location is stellar! We walked to our favorite restaurants and shops within minutes. It was nice to be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Only stay here if you want to be eaten by mosquitoes in your room all night long. I finally slept at the pool where I didn't get any bites, because apparently my room was infested with mosquitoes. It had a screen that didn't fit the window properly, which is possibly how they got in? Plus, the air conditioner was leaking onto the bed with standing water on the floor under the bed, probably were they were breeding. Old water stains on the sheets indicating the air conditioner had been leaking for a while, with poor maintenance. When I pleaded with the manager for a refund on this night, as they finally got me to a room that was not infested, she was very unwilling to give me any sort of compensation for the miserable 1st night, basically saying she did not believe me. It took me two days just to get a meeting with the manager because they kept telling me she is not on the property. I tried contacting the owner, but apparently he doesnt care about an unhappy customer either, so I am working with AMEX now and just letting others know to beware of this place & douse yourself with bug spray before you get into bed here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank reese1111
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The other reviewers are right on about this place. Literally a 50 yard walk from the Tropic Air counter to the front desk, made a very easy transition. Only stayed here one night as we chartered a catamaran out of San Pedro for the week, but was perfect for our needs. Located very close to the TMM charter office and within walking distance of all the stores we used for provisioning. Only complaint was a lack of water pressure in the shower (one of those ultra low flow heads). The AC worked great and the beds were comfortable. Ate at the restaurant and enjoyed both the food and the view. Tried Elvi's restaurant in town on Friday night which was there Mayan buffet, all in all pretty solid. Try Estel's just down the beach to the north for breakfast... excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple