“Right in the middle of all the action but sill quite private”
Review of SunBreeze Hotel

SunBreeze Hotel
Ranked #14 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Ok rooms, great location but still private. Very accessible, good service, good value

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more private and quite
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed 1 night at this hotel. For us it was the convenience of location. Our international flight was cancelled due to a tropical storm so we decided to stay on the island instead of waiting the night in Belize City. We walked across the street and negotiated a price for the night. They were able to check us in quickly, which was nice to get into our room before lunch. They checked on us soon after settling in the room to make sure everything was alright. I would consider the room a "standard hotel room", nothing fancy, spacious and clean. We arranged a late checkout the next day as our flight left at 1:00 and we went to church before leaving. We kept everything in the room till 12:30 and then checked out. I wouln't stay longterm as I prefer a condo, but no complaints about the room or service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel was great! All of hotel's staff works wonders, we are very glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I, spent a few days at the Sunbreeze Hotel in San Pedro, to my delight I found the staff very friendly and we were made to feel at home in a instant. To our delight we got a upgrade to a very large suite with a lovely Spa bath and a huge balcony with a hammock!

The restaurant "Blue water Grill" had some delightful goodies on their menu, and if you felt like it, you could walk a stone throw to any of the quaint Bars and have a scrumptious meal and stunning Cocktails with delightful International and local company.

We traveled by water taxi when we arrived, but decided to fly back on return as the water taxi takes 2 hours, instead of the 17 minute flight straight to Belize City.

San Pedro is like a toy town and at my age I had so much fun with the Local people and shopping! Hubbies hold onto your wallets:).

Room Tip: Take the flight and not the water taxi! Book direct.Corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathascha1234
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was our second stay at the Sunbreeze Hotel. We stayed here last 4 years ago and booked it again because our first experience was so good. The central location remains the best reason to stay here with the Blue Water Grill restaurant on site as a close second reason. The hotel sorely needs an update. It looks tired.

We stayed in a premium family room - large space with two beds. The bottom sheet did not stay in place on the beds and the sheets tangled up and fell off at night exposing the bare mattress and soiled pad. There was a dead cockroach under our bed when I went to pick up the sheets. The upholstered furniture was stained and the sofa sagged.

Housekeeping was inconsistent. Some days were much better than others. You need to sign a form and promise to pay them back before you get your remote control and pool towels. Staff were polite but not friendly.

We paid +$150/night and for that price, we could have done better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Horrible experience at the SunBreeze. Mosquitoes infested in room first night. They did not have another room so I slept at the pool where I did not get a single bite. Amazingly, the hotel manager was extremely rude when I asked for a discount on the first night. Amex is still fighting with them. This hotel ranks poor on customer service & I do not trust them. Changed my credit card number. Only stay here if you don't want your customer service needs met, a rude manager that is conveniently unavailable when you need help, and staff that conveniently doesn't know who the owner is. Good luck if you give this hotel your business. I sure will not on my next visit to Belize. I love this country & do Missions as well as donate to Mission work here, but this experience was truly disappointing as they must be getting arrogant towards the customer. I would recommend staying at The Palms down the beach. Much better experience as my friends stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank LauraBrunner
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Walking up to the Sunbreeze Hotel, you see a large, nondescript white building; entering the doors, you pass by two stores, one offering massages, the other art. You don't really get the feel of a tropical hotel until you get the rear courtyard, where you are greeted with palm trees, a pool, a rack of bicycles, a view of the beach and a restaurant. When you get to your room, you will find a tile floor, great air conditioning and little mosquito bodies flatten against the wall.
The bed was extremely comfortable and very welcomed upon returning after a long day out in San Pedro. The shower was weak, but was enough to get clean. Only one day did I encounter some brown come out of the faucet, but it quickly cleared up.
Comfort: Beds were just right, sheets a little stiff; seating was on cushioned wicker seats and temperature was controlled by an air conditioner and ceiling fans.
Quality: Staff was attentive and did everything to help me have a pleasant stay.
Issues: The shower was weak and would take some time to get to temperature. You can expect one or two mosquitoes in the room, as they most likely come in with you.
Cost: In comparison to most of the other similar properties, you will find the SunBreeze to actually be well worth what you pay.
Convenience: The airport is just across the street (you do not hear it from your room), the town is just about a hundred yards from either the front door or the beach. Most tour companies can pick you up at the hotel's dock.
Return: Yes, they have earned my loyalty.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms (I was in 107), as it's angle makes it a little larger.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo