Several members of a dive group stayed at the Sunbreeze Hotel for a week at the end of December/first of January. As many reviewers have stated, the hotel is located in a very convenient location within walking distance of everything in San Pedro. The hotel isn't fancy, but it is nice and clean with spacious rooms, the staff is wonderful (one example: I emailed the hotel to ask a question and received a very personal response in less than an hour!) , and the onsite restaurant consistently presents tasty food. Because the weather wasn't often good for utilizing the pool, on the few occasions I did use it, it was extremely clean and never crowded. The pool water was too cool for my taste, but that may have been due to several rain storms which kept filling the pool with cool, fresh water. Sunbreeze seemed better suited for adults, although there were a couple of families with children staying at the hotel. With the exception of the pool, there didn't seem to be much for children to do.
The dive shop at the hotel, Hugh Parkey's, was excellent. The managers and all the staff assessed the skill level of all the divers and planned dive sites based on the needs of the group. They all truly cared about divers having a good time--and, most importantly, about their safety. Huge numbers of dive shops are in the area, so it is imperative to choose wisely and find a shop whose staff is as conscientious as Hugh Parkey's! These folks were truly professional--and fun!
We used Mayan Air to travel from Belize City to San Pedro. The operation seemed to be disorganized, but I have nothing else to compare it to since this was my first visit to Belize. Overall though, I would research the differences between Tropic and Mayan Air before deciding on which carrier to use.
I would definitely stay at the Sunbreeze Hotel again because of its cleanliness, great location, and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro