Stayed at the Sunbreeze Hotel in San Pedro from Jan 21st-28th/2012. I can assure anyone that the Hotel is small (2 story) but quiet, scrupulously clean, staff is efficient and friendly and a wealth of knowledge. The hotel's resturant, The Blue Water Grill served 5 star meals at very afordable prices i.e huge Lobster tail dinner for the equivelent of $30!!. Everything was fresh, served with a smile and 1st rate service. They won resturant of the year for 2011 and it is obvious why. Beautiful open air facing the Carribean ocean with bar next to the pool deck. Also open to non-residents and is extremely popular. Go early before 7 no reservation required. The Sunbreeze is right on the beach with it's own dock, dive centre and is kept immaculate. The rooms we had were a deluxe and a Premier. They were on ground floor right next to the white sand courtyear. Perfect location. Rooms tiled for coolness with a/c and ceiling fan. Double bed in my deluxe with a huge stone shower and vanity. Premier had a seperate sitting area and 2 double beds. We took my 31/2 yr old grandson and it was a perfect destination for children of any age. He lived in the freshwater pool. There are absolutely no negatives to report either about this Hotel or the trip in total. Belize is a wonderful place. The people are friendly, welcoming and very honest. It is non-commercialized, beaches are mostly wide open. The towm of San Pedro was 3 minute walk from the hotel. It is eclectic and abundant with different cafe's and resturants, shops etc. Anything you could want to find is there. The town also has fresh food markets for self catering stocked with local and imported goods. There is a modern clinic in San Pedro as well as many doctor's, dentist and even a hyperbaric chamber. I would recomment this destination absolutely.l loved it there so much that I am looking into purchasing property there and am going back in September for a return visit. It is impossible to feel stressed in this location and any stresss you bring with you melts the minute you step off the 15 minute island hopper from Belize City. Mayan Air and Tropic Air fly dozens of these 15 min flights to and from the mainland. It is an excellent service. A day trip to the Mayan ruins (there are 3 sites) was surreal. We also went zip-lining and cave tubing which were fantastic. We made fast friends with our local tour facillitator Adrian Armstrong who arranges personal trips, takes care of you like you are royalty, has his own guides for day trips and can answer any question or provide exactly what you need. His office is based out of Monchoolos golf car rental. Golf carts are the means of travel on the island. There are very few cars and because Belize is heavily ECo, they are being fased out. They can be rented by 1/2 day, full day or the week at a very reasonable rate. The battery ones are preferable as Gas in Belize is twice that of Canada or U.S. Currency is Belize Dollars (divide by 2 to get U.S). U.S traveller's cheques or Visa, M/C best. There are several banks including a CIBC and a Scotiabank!! where you can cash in money. The hotel also cashed up to $200 a day, limited funds on weekends. We came in well below budget even eating out for breakfast lunch and dinner. Seafood is the way to go but at Blue Water Grill there is even pizza for the kids and fish finger's made with REAL fish!!!
It is an ideal diver's paradise as the barrier reef is 2nd largest in the World including the famous Blue Hole. Dive shop at Sunbreeze offer's snorkelling certificate and that is a fabulous few hours viewing sea life. You can also rent jet ski's and take a sunset cruise. There is only one golf course (not fully developed yet) 45 mins by boat from San Pedro so leave your golf clubs at home this time. There is way too much other cool stuff to sea and do.
Weather was perfect. High 80's low 90's every single day but with a nice cooling Carribean breeze off the water which keeps you comfortable. One single 5 min rain shower the morning we left....... Weather is like this all year round. Even the WET season is mostly just sporadic shower's.
Every single thing was perfect. Be prepared to buy bottled water. Water is treated but scarce so they don't recommend for drinking but a case of water was $5.00. There are no concerns whatsoever about getting "traveller's illnesses". Everything is amazingly clean and sanitary. There are mosquitos even by the ocean so if suseptable bring a good bug spray (you will need it in the rainforest for sure), some anti-histamine if required. Depends on whether they like you or not!!! Sunscrean a must but can be purchased there. San Pedro has 3 pharmacies open 10am to 10pm that have all the essentials.
Best buy for souveniers are the local vendor's. Stall's everywhere. Some very good beachside vendor's as well. Tons of small shops for clothing, trinkets, everything and anything. An excellent authentic Cuban,Havanna cigar store on Barrier Reef Rd. as well as an Emerald Mine shop with high end Emeralds. There is something for every taste and dollar. Visitor's are mainly Americans and Canadians likely due to the only 2hour flight from Houston.All in all I recommend Belize and Ambergris Caye 100%. An unforgettable vaccation of peace and tranquility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro