In our many trips to San Pedro, this was the first time I'd stayed at Sunbreeze and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. See, my wife was there about a year ago and returned with sad reports about the service and general non-caring attitude of the staff. Let me tell you, they have turned that around. To a soul, everyone at Sunbreeze was pleasant, fun and bent over backward to help us with any needs.
We took a group of 46 scuba divers down and, with a group that size, there are always challenges, big and small. And there were this time. Happily, the hotel took care of just about everything for us, including a couple of medical issues. They had a doctor on site in 15 minutes when one of our group fainted. Thankfully there were no real issues but it certainly was reassuring to know they had our backs for any problems.
Rooms aren't fancy but the location is excellent. Literally right on the south end of "downtown" San Pedro, you can walk to all the restaurants and bars you want. Rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job of getting their jobs done while we were diving in the mornings so our rooms were ready when we came back to shower for lunch.
The pool is nice enough and some of our group spent a lot of hours there. Having the bar right next to the pool and Blue Water Grill, an excellent restaurant, right next to that is a bonus you'll enjoy.
Don't hesitate to add this to your list of places to stay on Ambergris Caye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro