The hotel room met our needs. It even had 3 pictures on the walls! This is impressive when we’ve stayed some places that have NO pictures on the walls.
The water is not drinkable so the maids would leave a pitcher of water daily in your room. You could get more if needed. There was an ice machine on the property too which was convenient.
The room was actually pretty large; it even had a nice tray ceiling with what looked like hardwood molding. The beds were comfortable…same with pillows.
The room had a little mini refrigerator in it if you wanted to go the local store and buy drinks (which we did). Very convenient.
You could get a hairdryer from the front desk and the room had a safe in it as well.
Ample storage for clothes. 6 drawers and a 6 bin type place to stuff small items plus a place to hang clothes.
The shower was huge with a bench in it that doesn’t even get wet since it’s on the other side of the shower from the shower head. Great place to hang and dry scuba gear.
Every room had a little front porch on it with 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table. The porch, granted, was open to anyone who walked by you but, who cares!
Hugh Parkley Dive Connection (I think) – These guys were AWESOME; very attentive to safety and the needs of their customers. We tipped them very well. Great marine life and healthy reefs. Short boat ride to the sites (10 min max). They have a small boat (we got the first few days) and a large boat (we used when the water got super choppy). This was the first trip we have seen at least 5-10 nurse sharks swimming around out in the open on each dive!
Not a lap pool, small but great for dipping in when hot. 4’ max, I think. Chairs were comfortable with pads.
Town: Crazy busy with golf carts and bikes. We rented bikes and rode up and down the beach checking out other properties. The Sunbreeze Hotel seemed to be the best for being centrally located right across the street from the airport (noise not a problem). You could walk out to the beach and turn left and within a 5 minute walk, run into say, 10 restaurants on the beach.
The people in San Pedro were all very nice and we always felt safe! You won't be disappointed in this property unless you are a 5 star type of traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro