I almost regret writing this review because the one star review isn't Sunbreeze’s fault. But no one else on Trip Advisor is saying it right now so I have to. The Sunbreeze Hotel is great. We will probably stay here again in the future. It is well located, the rooms are nice, reasonably priced, the staff is great, and they have a nice restaurant. The problem is that there is a massive construction project going on right next door right now. A huge 4-story ‘luxury suites’ project is going up in the lot immediately south of Sunbreeze. Instead of a week of peace and quiet by the hotel pool, we had a week of nail-biting noise, anxious treks up and down the water front to different beaches to try to find a quiet spot, regular catcalls by construction workers looking over the wall at my wife while she is at the pool etc. Since the first half of the new project looks to be about half-way completed, I’d suggest anyone who wants to stay here in the next 6 to 18 months call the Sunbreeze desk in advance and ask about the status of the next door construction. So, the construction noise is on from as early as 7:00 am and as late as 7pm but typically more like 8am to 5pm. It’s constant hammering, circular saws, and other typical construction noise – people yelling etc. Intolerable for a vacation. Go to Sunbreeze in the future but stay away until the construction is over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro