We spent a week at the Sun Breeze over New Years 2010. The hotel is in a great location. While other people are driving those crazy golf carts around town you can walk to anywhere you want to go. And yet it is not in the congested area of downtown. The room was very spacious and sound proof. Never heard a neighbor or the planes from the near-by airport. The hotel bar is between the ocean and pool. As with most bars on the beach no doors, walls or windows to spoil the view. Food was very good. We ate there a couple of times and the lobster was great (about $50.00 American for two with a few drinks) Apetizers at the bar were excellant. We would have eaten there more often but there is so much to choose from by just walking down the beach. Fish, lobster, shrimp are served everywhere. First time I ever had a lobster burrito or shrimp tacos.
This hotel and town is way different than an all inclusive place. What makes it so nice is there are so many places to eat and drink I now realize why there are no all inclusive resorts. Why restrict yourself to one place. We walked home from a bar at 2:30 AM on New Years day and never once was concerned about our safety. Bring a light jacket if your going somewhere by boat but while your on the island forget your socks and jeans. I wore nothing but T-shirts, shorts and sandles everywhere even in the nice restraunts.
This is a very friendly town where everyone speaks english. No one is in a hurry to go anywhere or do anything. At first you might think the service is slow but thats just the laid back style of this town. Like the one bartender said to me when I asked for the bill. Relax your on Belize time now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavours of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas to keep you connected with your loved ones, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary fresh brewed coffee available daily at the lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro