The location and the inn are quite beautiful. San Pedro is a very quaint and safe little town on a caye in Belize. It's off the mainland and I saw no reason to seek the mainland out while I was there. If I had more time to explore I would have done so, however the purpose of my trip was simply relaxation.
The grounds of the hotel are simple and elegant. The room was amazing - I stayed in one of the master bedrooms which is part of a villa. Its an upgrade from the casitas. The casitas were very cute but the upgrade was quite nice. The room was very pleasant with fantastic bedding, a great mattress with a king sized bed, and full of teak wood. The bathroom was also beautiful with an open air shower and gorgeous tile and two vanities.
The beach is not your typical big expansive caribbean beach, but it does the job just fine. I spent most of my time relaxing in one of the really comfy lounge chairs by the pool and had lunch there everyday. Speaking of which, the food is excellent and the drinks at the bar are great. I highly recommend the coconut mojito! I had never had one and it's my new favorite drink.
Each day I did something a little different for exercise. The first day I walked into town to get the lay of the land - it's about a mile and a half. The next day I jogged on the beach to town, and the day after that I took one of the hotel bikes and rode all around the island. All were fun and safe!
The staff are delightful, the grounds gorgeous, and the room relaxing. All in all a fantastic stay and I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and TripAdvisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro